About the course Introduction in using RThe statistical program R is widely used in medical research, providing the main route to dissemination of recent statistical methodology and data visualisation. Moreover, it is free to download from the internet. Therefore, it is important for researchers to learn how to work with this program.
The course is aimed at PhD candidates and postdocs, who have an interest in learning how to work with R, but have no prior experience with the program. During this one-day course you will become acquainted with the basics by using RStudio. Several topics will be introduced, such as importing data (Excel, SPSS, SAS, Stata, CSV), writing R-code (syntax), processing data, performing simple statistical analyses, visualization of the results in graphs, and installation of extra packages.
The course will be given by Dr. Gerjon Hannink and Jordache Ramjith, MSc and is provided by the section Biostatistics of the Department for Health Evidence at the Radboudumc.
PrerequisitesSome basic level of statistics is recommended, but not mandatory. A laptop is necessary (Participants will have to install the latest version of the software programmes R and RStudio (free to download) before the start of the course). Power cords for electricity supply will be available.
More informationFor more information please contact Simone van Wezel.
Wednesday 4 December 2019; 09:00 - 17:00 hrs.
A lunch is included.
We offer various prices.
- PhD candidates of the Radboudumc will have to pay a fee of €195, citing an internal ‘kostenplaats’- or project number.
- Other employees of the Radboudumc will have to pay a fee of €295, citing an internal ‘kostenplaats’- or project number.
- If you are working outside the Radboudumc, you will have to pay a fee of €295 and we will send an invoice to your institute or private address.
This is a 1-day course.
There will be a limitation set at 30 participants.
Radboudumc Nijmegen, Room ITO B, route 454.
RegistrationPlease send an e-mail before Monday 18 November 2019.
- Subject: R course
- Additional information in case you work at Radboudumc:
- mention your research institute
- mention whether you're a PhD candidate
- mention an internal 'kostenplaats-' or project number to transfer the fee
- Additional information in case you don't work at Radboudumc:
- mention that you are working outside Radboudumc
- provide billing details
Host Department for Health Evidence