AboutThe next RTC meeting will take place on Monday 16 April 2018 and will be a thematic meeting. Following your suggestions and expressed interests, the theme will be: Deep Learning.
This topic is one of the key technologies within the recently established Radboud Data Science Centre and we are fortunate that professor Tom Heskes, Professor of Artificial intelligence, Radboud University, and initiator of the Radboud Data Science Centre, is willing to co-organize and chair this meeting.
Our intended program is that Tom will introduce the topic, after which scientists from several faculties of the RU will outline their use of deep learning in short lectures. Following this, we will then discuss the possibilities for a deep learning community within the Data Science Centre and the contribution to an educational "Data Sciences" minor program.
Feel free to invite interested colleagues! This thematic RTC meeting will also be open to colleagues across the Radboud campus.
16 April 2018
13.00 - 14.30 hrs
Nicolaes Tulp Zaal, route 606 (-1.061)
Programme1. Welcome and introduction: Tom Heskes, Alain van Gool
2. 10 minute pitches by Radboud(umc) researchers:
- Bram van Ginneken (DIAG, Radboudumc): Deep learning for analyzing medical images
- Elena Marchiori (iCIS, FNWI): Deep learning for autism stereotypical motor movement detection using wearable sensors
- Danny Merkx (CLS, FdL): Multimodal distributional semantics
- Luc Hendriks (IMAPP, FNWI): Using computer vision to analyse γ-rays
- Jeroen van der Laak (DIAG, Radboudumc): Deep learning for Histopathology
- Marcel van Gerven (DCC, FSW): Reading from and writing to human brains with deep learning