About this course
Trauma care is changing all the time and many situations require specialist trauma expertise. The Definitive Surgical and Anesthetic Trauma Care course is designed to train you as professional in strategic thinking and decision-making in the management of the severely injured patients.read more
About this courseTrauma care is changing all the time and many situations require specialist trauma expertise. The Definitive Surgical and Anesthetic Trauma Care course is designed to train you as (a fully trained) anaesthesiologist, intensivist, surgeon and advanced trainee in strategic thinking and decision-making in the management of the severely injured patients and provide them with practical surgical skills to manage major organ injuries.
The DSATC is an intensive 3-day course where you will take part in keynote lecturers, multidisciplinary case presentations, fireside discussions and workshops. During the course anaesthesiologists assisted by registered anesthesia nurses and surgeons assisted by OR nurses work together as real trauma teams.
The course focuses on the following subjects:
- surgical decision-making in complex scenarios
- operative techniques in critically ill trauma patients
- hands-on practical experience with experienced instructors (both national and international)
- insight into difficult trauma situations with learned techniques of haemorrhage control and the ability to handle major thoracic, cardiac and abdominal injuries
- animal laboratory based surgical skills training. It boasts a high-faculty to participant ratio with the faculty consisting of experienced trauma trained surgeons and anaesthesiologists
- multidisciplinary team approach
Anaesthesiologists, intensivists, surgeons and OR nurses.
By the end of the course, you will have received training to allow enhanced knowledge of the trauma patient.
You will learnBy the end of the course, you will have received training to enhance:
- knowledge of the surgical and trauma physiology of the trauma patient
- surgical decision making in trauma
- surgical techniques in the management of major trauma
- awareness of the treatment possibilities in major trauma and their evidence base
This masterclass will take place from 27 to 29 November 2018.
This course will take three days.
Only anaesthesiologists, intensivists, surgeons and OR nurses can participate.
Varies (see registration form)
After this masterclass you will receive an international acknowledged certificate from The International Association for Trauma Surgery and Intensive Care (IATSIC®).