About this course
The Radboud Institute for Health Sciences (RIHS) offers an introduction course for PhD candidates. This 1.5 day course is offered 3 times a year, immediately following the Radboudumc international introduction day. Participation in this course is mandatory and you will be automatically enrolled.read more
About this courseThe Radboud Institute for Health Sciences (RIHS) offers an introduction course for PhD candidates. This 1.5 day course is offered 3 times a year, immediately following the Radboudumc international introduction day. Participation in this course is mandatory and you will be automatically enrolled.
- In what kind of environment am I doing my research?
- What is the research climate here?
- What is expected from me as a PhD candidate?
- What do I have to do to be successful given the time constraints?
- What drives me in my research?
- What are my talents and how do I exploit these optimally?
- Is the academic world my world or should I also focus on career opportunities elsewhere?
- Can I wait with such orientation until the final stage of my PhD or should I start earlier?
RegisterYou will receive an e-mail from the RIHS front office with the date of the course in which you are expected. You are registered for the course if you confirm your presence by e-mail.
This course is mandatory for all starting RIHS PhD candidates.
The RIHS Introduction course will provide new PhD candidates with insights, tips and tricks at the start of their PhD track.
This introduction course takes 1.5 days, immediately following the Radboudumc international introduction day.
You are employed or will shortly be employed as a PhD candidate at Radboudumc and are connected to the Radboud Institute for Health Sciences.
As soon as possible via the RIHS front office to give other candidates the chance to take part in this course.
This courses is offered several times a year.
- 15 October and 16 October 2020
- 11 February and 12 February 2021
- 17 June and 18 June 2021
- 21 October and 22 October 2021
Program RIHS introduction course for PhD candidates
Day 1 15 October
14.45 – 15.30 hrs | Introduction
- Introduction on research, research policy, funding and Graduate school - Prof. Judith Prins (Scientific director RIHS), Dr Marieke de Visser (Policy advisor RIHS)
- Introduction RIHS PhD council – Liesbeth de Goeij MSc (Chair RIHS PhD council)
- Presentation Innovative ways to conduct your research – Dr Tom van de Belt (REshape)
15.30 – 16.00 hrs | Break
16.00 – 17.00 hrs | FAIR Research Data Management
Presentation FAIR Research Data Management - Mirjam Brullemans (RTC Data stewardship)
Day 2 16 October
09.00 – 10.30 hrs | Personal leadership
Workshop Personal leadership – Annet van de Laak
10.30 – 11.00 hrs | Break
11.00 – 12.30 hrs | Mastering your PhD
Workshop Mastering your PhD – Prof. Mireille Broeders and Liesbeth de Goeij MSc
12.30 – 13.30 hrs | Break
13.30 – 15.30 hrs | Reflection on science
Interactive lecture Reflection on science - Dr Jos Kole and Prof. Bram van Ginneken