Registration is not possible yet. Please use the contact form on this page if you would like to be informed when registration is open.
Geert Grooteplein 21
6525 EZ Nijmegen
The lessons are partly online, with virtual classrooms. The practicals are at the Study Center medical Sciences, Radboud university medical center, Nijmegen.
The course is intended for laboratory staff and students who work with open radioactive sources.
The course functions as 'information and training' which is mandatory for employees and students working with ionizing radiation without continuous supervision.
You will learn
Main learning goals
After completion of the course you are able to:
• do research with radioisotopes in a standard isotope laboratory
• work safely with ionising radiation
• explain the risks of exposure to ionizing radiation
• apply the local rules for working with radioisotopes
• understand the additional information and instructions from the radiation protection officer
• check their workplace and themselves for radioactive contamination
• perform simple decontaminations
• supervise workers in a class D isotope laboratory
The course dates are:
The course price depends on the type of organization you work or study for.
Course: 8 working days, with an exam at the end.
When canceling 14 or more days in advance, you will be charged a € 35 administration fee. When cancelling less than 14 days in advance, you will not receive a refund.