About this course
The course TMS-VRS-D Research in ionizing radiation is basically meant for students from the faculty BMS (Biomedical Science). This course is spread over 4 weeks (every week 1 course day), and exam on day 4.
Program at a glance:
about the course set-up and the use of radiation in research
- about research methods with ionizing radiation
- about the effects of radiation and legislation
- 'Safe working’
- Transport Assay’
- about practicals, lecture and excercises
- covering basic knowledge about radioactive decay, properties of radiation including shielding and uses of radiation. This e-learning is in part a refresher of secundary school physics, but also goes deeper into these subjects.
The course will be given online, with virtual classrooms. The practicals and the exam are 'live'.
The course is intended for laboratory staff and students who work with open radioactive sources.
The course functions as 'information and training' which is mandatory for employees and students working with ionizing radiation without continuous supervision.
You will learnMain learning goals
After completion of the course you are able to:
• do research with radioisotopes in a standard isotope laboratory
• work safely with ionising radiation
• explain the risks of exposure to ionizing radiation
• apply the local rules for working with radioisotopes
• understand the additional information and instructions from the radiation protection officer
• check their workplace and themselves for radioactive contamination
• perform simple decontaminations
• supervise workers in a class D isotope laboratory
The course price depends on the type of organization you work or study for and refer to “registration”.
Course: 8 working days, with an exam at the end.
The course is intended for labaratory staff and students who work with open radioactive sources. There are no further admission requirements.
When canceling 14 or more days in advance, you will be charged a € 35 administration fee. When cancelling less than 14 days in advance, you will not receive a refund.