About this workshop
The International Workshop on Cancer Genetic & Cytogenetic Diagnostics, is a course focusing on all aspects concerning cancer (cyto)genetics in a diagnostic setting. Basic technical aspects covering conventional karyotyping, methods and principles in fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), micro-array genomic profiling, QPCR, gene sequencing and new technologies such as Optical Genome Mapping and Whole Genome sequencing will be presented. In addition to the various laboratory techniques there will be presentations regarding quality assessment, ISCN and HGVS nomenclature and genetic abnormalities in various types of leukemias.
Since most presentations start with basic knowledge and end with up to date information regarding cancer genetics, this workshop will be of interest for all who are working in the field of cancer (cyto)genetic diagnostics.
Professionals in the field of cancer (cyto)genetic diagnostics.
After this workshop you will be completely up-to-date on all the scientific developments and advances in cancer (cyto)genetic diagnostics.
This workshop will take place on March 23, 24 and 25, 2022.
The format of the workshop will be virtual. The fee for participation is €100 for the entire worshop or €50 per day.
This workshop is three days.
The workshops and lectures require basic knowledge of cancer (cyto)genetic diagnostics, but there are no further admission requirements.
When canceling 14 or more days in advance, you will be charged a € 35 administration fee. When cancelling less than 14 days in advance, you will not receive a refund.
- Marian Stevens-Kroef, Nijmegen (NL)
- Eva van den Berg, Groningen (NL)
- Berna Beverloo, Rotterdam (NL)
- Brian Walker, Sutton (UK)
- Jon Strefford, Southampton (UK)
- Torsten Haferlach, Munich (D)
- Jacqueline Schoumans, Lausanne (CH)
- Bert van der Reijden, Nijmegen (NL)
- David Betts, Dublin (I)
- Anthony Moorman, Newcastle (UK)
- Julie Schanz, Göttingen (D)
- Bauke Ylstra, Amsterdam (NL)
- Ros Hastings, Oxford (UK)
- Peter Valk, Rotterdam (NL)
- Arjan Diepstra, Groningen (NL)
- Sjoerd van Helvert, Nijmegen (NL)
- Barbara De Waele, Leuven (BE)
- Marjolijn Jongmans, Utrecht (NL)
The grants will be awarded to participants with greatest affinity for the field and need for financial
support at the discretion of the organising committee.
If you would like to apply for a grant, please email a motivational letter and your CV to Marian Stevens-Kroef, (email: Marian.Stevens-Kroef@radboudumc.nl) before the deadline of 1st of March 2022*.
*Appplications after the deadline, or not including letter and/or CV will not be taking into consideration.