About the event
The Research Integrity Rounds are organized at Radboudumc to stimulate dialogue and debate about matters of research integrity.
All members of the academic community, from student to PhD candidate to professor, are invited to join this exchange.
Please note that PhD candidates can add the Research Integrity Rounds to their Training and Supervision Plan (TSP).
Research Integrity Round 9 December 2020 Enthusiasm among young researchers for the new Recognition and Rewards SystemDo you think we assess each other adequately and justly at Radboudumc? How can we create a more collaborative environment that would foster scientific integrity? read more
- September 2018: Authorship of Master students: a matter of scientific integrity?
- December 2018: Movie ‘On being a scientist’ with a discussion led by one of the initiators of the movie Prof. Frans van Lunteren, Professor of history of the Natural Sciences at Leiden University
- February 2019: Introduction of the new Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity with the interactive play “The ConScience App” followed by a discussion based on the new code
- March 2019: College tour with three experienced Radboudumc researchers (Prof. Alessandra Cambi, Prof. Judith Prins, Dr Edo Richard) who spoke about their experiences with perverse stimuli but also about their passion for research
- September 2019: “Scientists on the sofa. How to survive as researcher without losing your integrity”. Guests: Joeri Tijdink, author of the book “Wetenschappers op de sofa”, DCMN director Prof. Guillen Fernandez and PhD candidate Tamara van Woezik
- December 2019: “Facing Integrity Challenges: How does Peer Review cause or resolve issues?”. Guests: Serge Horbach, researcher and expert on peer review in relation to scientific integrity, and Prof. Roshan Cools, researcher and editor of a scientific journal
- March 2020: “Can we change science? Yes, we can?” Guest: Prof. Frank Miedema, one of the persons who started the Dutch Science in Transition movement in 2013
- September 2020: “Sex and gender and research integrity: a tale of how and who”. Guests: Prof. Hanneke Takkenberg (Erasmus University), Prof. Sabine Oertelt, Dean Prof. Jan Smit. View the webinar
- December 2020: “Recognition and Rewards for Radboudumc Academics”. Guests: Prof. Jeroen Geurts (Director ZonMw), Dr Annemijn Algra (UMC Utrecht, Young Science in Transition), Dean Prof. Jan Smit