Making an appointmentIf your general practitioner or specialist sends us a referral letter, you will receive a written notification within seven days. Please bring your insurance card, a form of identification and medication overview with you when you come for your first visit. If, in addition to your doctor's referral letter, you have received any additional information, we ask you to send it to us. You can send your referral by post, email or fax. During the visit to the outpatients' clinic, the attending physician collects information during an extensive interview (anamnesis) and a physical examination.
Conversation tipsA few tips that will help prepare you for the first interview with your treating physician:
- Write down your symptoms point by point.
- Write down your questions and note down the answers the doctor gives you during the visit.
- If you do not understand something, please say so and ask for an explanation.
- Come to the appointment with a person you are close to.
- If you still have questions after the interview, make a new appointment.
Participating in researchRadboudumc's center of expertise in iron metabolic diseases is a leader in research in this field. Our research enables us to further improve the care we offer. We deal with issues such as:
- Development of new forms of diagnostics
- Iron treatment and intestinal bacteria
- Iron metabolism of the kidney
- Optimization of diagnoses and treatment of iron metabolism disorders
- Change in iron metabolism after blood donation
Sometimes patients can participate in research. Your doctor will be able to inform you about this. Of course, participation is voluntary.