Invitation to nominate employees for the RIMLS awards.
RIMLS awards several prizes to stimulate and honor our (young) researchers. Everybody is invited to propose candidates for these awards at the latest 6 December 2020. A jury will be appointed to select the various awards. Applications for the travel awards and Image award can be sent in by the applicant. Please send your nominations to: email@example.com
Please find here an overview of the upcoming RIMLS awards of 2020
- Best Master thesis by a M.Sc. student who produced in 2020 the best scientific report of his/her practical research project. More information.
- Best PhD thesis by the PhD candidate who delivered the best thesis of 2020. More information.
- Best publication. The best peer-reviewed publication of 2020 which should relate to a major scientific “breakthrough" that advances scientific understanding. More information.
- “Travel” awards. RIMLS “travel” grants are available for a work-related event (e.g. online events, conferences, workshops and -placements, etc) expenses. This applies to online attendance as well as physical events. More information.
- Image award. Images should be made with a MIC microscope and can be used to promote the scientific work of RIMLS. More information.
- Supervisor of the Year. Vote for your supervisor of the year. More information.
Importantly, awards will be distributed at the RIMLS Award Festival on 12 January 2021.
Want to know more about these subjects? Click on the buttons below for more news.
RIMLSResearchNanomedicine Cancer development and immune defenseRare cancersTumors of the digestive tract Urological cancersWomen's cancersInfectious diseases and global healthInflammatory diseases Metabolic disordersReconstructive and regenerative medicineRenal disorders Vascular damage
Related news items
Radboudumc research most lungs recover well after COVID-1926 November 2020
In severe COVID-19 patients the lung tissue recovers well in most cases. This is shown in research by the Radboudumc, published in Clinical Infectious Diseases. Striking conclusion: patients who were referred by the general practitioner recover worse than ICU patients.read more
Marianne Boenink has been appointed professor in Ethics of Healthcare26 November 2020
Health scientist and philosopher Marianne Boenink has been appointed professor in Ethics of Healthcare at the Radboud University/ Radboudumc, as of 1 August 2020.read more
The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on (future) parents and their babies26 November 2020
While the corona crisis affects all of us, people who have just started a family or are trying to, are doing this in a sub-optimal situation. Researchers are trying to find out how the ongoing crisis is affecting them.read more
Erik van der Heijden received The Distinguished WABIP Regent Award26 November 2020
The 21st World Conference on Bronchoscopy and Intervention Pulmonology (WCBIP) is currently taking place in Shanghai. This is organized by the WABIP. Erik van der Heijden, member of the scientific organizing committee, received the prize ‘The Distinguished WABIP Regent Award'.read more
Hydroxychloroquine against malaria appears to block 'trained immunity'25 November 2020
Raphaël Duivenvoorden and colleagues have discovered an as yet unknown effect of hydroxychloroquine, which are published in Cell Reports Medicine.read more