prof. dr. Anneke den Hollander
About Anneke den Hollander2002: Boston
After her PhD, Anneke den Hollander worked as a guest researcher at the Téléthon Institute of Genetics and Medicine in Naples, Italy. She also completed a postgraduate fellowship at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary at Harvard Medical School in Boston (USA).
Since 2008 she has been working as a principal scientific researcher at the Department of Ophthalmology at Radboudumc. She acquired various personal grants from, among others, ZonMW (Veni, Vidi, Aspasia) and the European Research Council (ERC).
Her teaching assignment is to design personalized healthcare within ophthalmology, based on the molecular profile of the individual patient. The focus is on common disorders of the retina, including age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. New concepts arising from molecular research will be translated into clinical practice. She will also provide education on molecular research and the development of personalized healthcare within the medical and biomedical curricula and for ophthalmologists and doctors in training. Today, 160 scientific publications have been published by her hand. She has supervised 10 PhD students and is preparing 11 more PhDs.
Education / Agenda
- 1985-1991 Secondary school (Atheneum, Eindhovens Protestants Lyceum, Eindhoven)
- 1991-1996 University (Biomedical Sciences, Leiden University)
- 2002 PhD (RU, cum laude). Prom.: Prof. H.G. Brunner and Prof. F.P.M. Cremers. Title: Identification of the CRB1 gene and analysis of its role in autosomal recessive retinal dystrophies
- Leader of the Sensory Disorders research theme, Radboudumc (2014-present)
- Member of Warriors against Blindness (2013-present)
- Member Hypatia Tenure Track committee, Radboudumc (2011-present)
- Member of the selection committee for top master's Molecular Mechanisms of Disease, Radboudumc (2011-present)
- Member of the editorial board of PLoS ONE (2011-present)
- Member of the editorial board of Molecular Vision (2011-present)
- Member of the editorial board of Human Genomics (2011-present)
- Member of the medical advisory committee of Retina Netherlands (2006-present)
- Member of the program committee of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (2009-2012)
- Member TOP subsidy committee, ZonMW (2011)
- Member Veni subsidy committee ZonMW (2011)