Personal prizes & awards national & international
- Since 2017: Member of the Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh because of work on Q fever and FUO
- 2015: “Principle Clinician” based on my work for outbreak management and Q fever"
- 2011: Editor’s Choice Award of the Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2011 for the article “Cost-Effectiveness of Routine 18F-FDG PET/CT in High-Risk Patients with Gram-Positive Bacteremia”
- 2009/2010: Radboud Honour because of my work in the outbreak management teams for Marburg virus (2008) and New Influenza H1N1
- 2007: Editor’s Choice Award of the Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2007 for the article “99mTc-labeled interleukin-8 for the scintigraphic detection of infection and inflammation: first clinical evaluation”