Han van Krieken full professorHan van Krieken is a pathologist with special expertise in the fields of hematopathology and the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract. He is professor of Tumor Pathology since 1999 and is, since 2004, acting head of the Pathology Department.
Research interests focus on the understanding of the development of cancer of the immune system and colorectal cancer, especially the relationship between tumor cells and the host response. Methodologies include all aspects of tissue evaluation (histology, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, micro tissue array ) and molecular methods (clonality assessment, MSI-testing, high throughput genomics and proteomics). All studies are oriented towards patient material and its application in the practice of pathology.
Van Krieken has been affiliated with Radboud University since 1999, first as Professor of Tumour Pathology, and since 2004 as Professor of Pathology. In 2009, he was appointed Chair of the Radboud University Centre for Oncology, which, over the last few years and under his direction, has established itself as a leading international institute in the field. Before he came to Nijmegen, he worked for institutes including the National Cancer Institute Bethesda (USA), Institut für Pathologie in Kiel (Germany) and Leiden University Medical Center.
- Treasurer of the European Association for Haematopathology
- Radboud University’s Rector Magnificus
- President of the European Society of Pathology
- Member of the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina
- Member of the Academia Europaea
- Honorary member of the Royal College of Pathology
- President IQNpath
- Scientific advisor for Amgen, Merck-Sorono, GSK, Roche Diagnostics, Sakura
- Chief editor of the Journal of Hematopathology
- Managing editor of Virchows Archiv
- Editor Encyclopedia of Pathology
- Editor American Journal of Surgical Pathology
- Editor book Oncology
- Moderator Webinars on PDL-1
- Scientific Boardmember Hartwig Medical Foundation