Preventive and curative dentistry quality and innovation
This research group's clinically oriented research is aimed at contributing to the quality and innovation of personalized dental care.read more
Preventive and curative dentistry quality and innovationThis research group's clinically oriented research is aimed at contributing to the quality and innovation of personalized dental care. Research themes include secondary caries and survival of restorations; risk factors affecting treatment; management of tooth wear; and dental health in patients with systemic diseases.
Aims of this research groupThis research group has several aims:
- Elucidating the factors involved in the development of secondary caries lesions and tooth wear
- Generating evidence for guidelines for the management of tooth wear
- Investigating the quality of care in general dental practice
- Charting the dental health effects of systemic diseases and the associations between dental and general health in these patients
Discoveries by this research groupSeveral discoveries were made by this research group:
- Although material and interface factors influence secondary caries development, the most important factor is patient caries risk.
- Severe tooth wear is often not or only slowly progressive, and monitoring is often an option.
- Direct resin composite restorations in severe tooth wear perform well.
- Restoration performance in general dental practice is influenced not only by practice factors, but also strongly by patient and tooth factors.