Preventive and curative dentistry quality and innovation
This research group's clinically oriented research is aimed at contributing to the quality and innovation of personalized dental care.read more
Aims of this research groupThis research group has several aims:
- Elucidating the factors involved in the development of secondary caries lesions and tooth wear
- Generating evidence for guidelines for the management of tooth wear
- Investigating the quality of care in general dental practice
- Charting the dental health effects of systemic diseases and the associations between dental and general health in these patients
Discoveries by this research groupSeveral discoveries were made by this research group:
- Although material and interface factors influence secondary caries development, the most important factor is patient caries risk.
- Severe tooth wear is often not or only slowly progressive, and monitoring is often an option.
- Direct resin composite restorations in severe tooth wear perform well.
- Restoration performance in general dental practice is influenced not only by practice factors, but also strongly by patient and tooth factors.
Radboudumc Technology Center 3D lab
The focus in the 3D Lab is how we can use 3D technologies to improve care for each individual patient. These new technologies help improve the care and the treatment plan of patients, while taking their specific individual needs and wishes into consideration.read more