Philip van der Wees Professor of Allied Health Sciences
Philip van der Wees is a physical therapist and Professor of Allied Health Sciences at Radboud university medical center. The focus of the Chair is value-driven allied health care in interdisciplinary networks.read more
Philip van der Wees Professor of Allied Health SciencesPhilip van der Wees is a physical therapist and Professor of Allied Health Sciences at Radboud university medical center. The focus of the Chair is value-driven allied health care in interdisciplinary networks. Allied health professionals, such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and dietitians, make an important contribution to promoting recovery and coping with a disease or health condition in daily life. The research and education of Philip van der Wees focuses on quality improvement and implementation of allied health care in interdisciplinary networks; and to unravel mechanisms of effectiveness and to evaluate new technologies and treatment strategies for allied health care.
Personal prizes & awards national & international
- 2015: Najoua Mlika-Cabanne Innovation Award; Guidelines International Network (G-I-N)
- 2012: International Service Award; European Region of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT)
- 2011: Harkness Fellowship in Healthcare Policy & Practice; Commonwealth Fund
- Adjunct Professor; School of Medicine and Health Sciences; Department of Clinical Research and Leadership, George Washington University, Washington, DC.
- Member of the Nursing and Allied Health Advisory Board of Radboud university medical center (2017 - present)
- Co-chair of the PROM Platform – a national expert network in patient-reported outcomes (2017 - present)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Panel of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) for developing and implementing the Physical Therapy Outcomes Registry (2016 - present)
- Member of ZonMw review committee Development of Quality Standards (2016 - present)