dr. Sanne Botden MD
About Sanne Botden
Pediatric surgeon Sanne Botden focuses on the improvement of surgical techniques in the treatment of rare congenital malformations. The corrections of these malformations are mostly complex and it is, therefore, important that the surgical skills are practices on simulations models, before operating on babies and children.
For this reason, Sanne started to develop simulation models for pediatric surgery, which are readily available for everyone. These are subsequently implemented in international courses (www.pediatricsurgerycourse.com). These models have to be affordable, to assure that pediatric surgeons from less developed countries can use them for training as well and provide better care for the patients worldwide. Additionally, her research evaluates the optimal methods to train complex pediatric surgical procedures and improve these techniques.
In other projects, Sanne works with the Technical University Twente, to develop a non-invasive method to diagnose motility disorders of the bowel, such as Hirschsprung’s disease.
Education / Agenda
- Visiting fellowship Pediatric Colorectal Center, Columbus, USA, April 2019
- Pediatric surgery, Radboudumc, Sept 2013 - May 2016
- General surgery, MUMC+ & Maxima Medical Center, July 2009 - Aug 2013
- PhD Technical University Delft, May 2006 - April 2009
- Study Medicine, Maastricht UMC, Sept 2002 - Jan 2008 (cum laude)
Personal prizes & awards
- junior Principal Clinician 2019
- ZonMW Medical Inspirer Award 2015
- medical specialist