WelcomeWe offer our PhD candidates a full or part-time interdisciplinary training program that can be tailor-made to meet specific research and career perspectives.
During your PhD, you will focus on scientific research culminating in the defense of a PhD thesis, but it is also important to use this opportunity for self-development. Therefore, your PhD training can also focus on research skills and knowledge as well as competences required to take your next career step. The RIMLS PhD program is recognized by the KNAW.
Radboud Da Vinci ChallengeThis one-year program for excellent PhD candidates with special professional qualities focuses on participants’ broad personal development. They take part in interesting discussions about fundamental issues under the supervision of top lecturers from various disciplines. read more
Junior researcher Radboudumc program PhD candidates
Would you like to do a PhD after you earn your Master’s degree? Our research institutes offer PhD candidates a full or part-time interdisciplinary training program that can be tailor-made.read more
Junior researcher Radboudumc program PhD candidatesRadboudumc's vision is to train junior researchers who have the intrinsic ambition to have a significant impact on healthcare and become highly qualified independent scientists. Our research institutes offer PhD candidates a full or part-time interdisciplinary training program that can be tailor-made to meet their specific research interests and career goals.
During your PhD, you will focus on scientific research culminating in the defence of a PhD thesis. However, we also believe in the importance of self-development. Therefore, your PhD training should focus on research skills and knowledge as well as competencies required to take your next career step, whether in or outside academia.
The PhD programs at our three research institutes are recognized by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW).
PhD candidates at Radboudumc will be registered at one of the following graduate schools (each are part of one of our research institutes):
Peer-to-peer talkPhD candidate members of the PhD committee will meet you in a small group of fellow PhD candidates that have just started to provide background information about the RIMLS PhD program and other PhD related affairs.
It is a great way to meet some of your colleagues and get handy tips for success!
The dates for 2019 are (Fridays from 09:00 - 10:00 hrs.):
- 11 January
- 25 January
- 8 February
- 22 February
- 8 March
- 22 March
- 5 April
- 26 April
- 10 May
- 24 May
- 7 June
- 28 June
- 5 July
- 30 August
- 27 September
- 11 October
- 25 October
- 8 November
- 29 November
- 13 December
For more information about the peer-to-peer welcome contact the RIMLS Graduate School.
PhD Council Mission and achievementsThe RIMLS PhD Council is for all RIMLS PhD candidates to support them in obtaining their PhD. In the past years, the RIMLS PhD Council, together with its management team, has been leading in introducing changes vital for the RIMLS PhD program. Some highlights include:
- Introducing two entirely new courses: “In the lead” and “Within Sight of my PhD”, focussing on soft and transferable skills and competences while ambitions of the PhDs and the preparation for next career steps are most important.
- Availability of RU courses and lobbying to keep them available and free of charge.
- Introduction of Peer-to-Peer program, making sure all PhD candidates start prepared while providing a platform for questions early after the starting date.
- Introduction of the PhD thesis committee, allowing feedback from multiple sides besides the direct supervision to improve PhD trajectories.
- PhD interaction by organisation of drinks and other social events such as the supervisor of the year election. Feel free to join!
- Introducing “Meet the Expert” meetings fulfilling the need of PhD candidates to get informed on state-of-the-art new technologies.