Mission and achievements
The RIMLS PhD Council is for all RIMLS PhD candidates to support them in obtaining their PhD. In the past years, the RIMLS PhD Council, together with its management team, has been leading in introducing changes vital for the RIMLS PhD program. Some highlights include:
- Introducing two entirely new courses: “In the lead” and “Within Sight of my PhD”, focussing on soft and transferable skills and competences while ambitions of the PhDs and the preparation for next career steps are most important.
- Availability of RU courses and lobbying to keep them available and free of charge.
- Introduction of Peer-to-Peer program, making sure all PhD candidates start prepared while providing a platform for questions early after the starting date.
- Introduction of the PhD thesis committee, allowing feedback from multiple sides besides the direct supervision to improve PhD trajectories.
- PhD interaction by organisation of drinks and other social events such as the supervisor of the year election. Feel free to join!
- Introducing “Meet the Expert” meetings fulfilling the need of PhD candidates to get informed on state-of-the-art new technologies.
The PhD Council aims to the bridge the gap between PhD candidates and RIMLS PhD program developers to be able to keep improving. Do you have remarks, suggestions for improvement or other input? Contact one of the PhD Council members!