Funding to stimulate talents
This grant aims to promote innovation in academic research by giving young, creative and talented researchers the opportunity to further their own research within the context of our three research institutes. These positions offer a special opportunity to establish an independent research group.read more
Funding to stimulate talentsThe Radboudumc Hypatia Tenure Track Grants aim to promote innovation in academic research by giving young, creative and talented researchers the opportunity to further their own research within the context of our three research institutes. These unique and highly sought after research positions offer a special opportunity to establish an independent research group. By obtaining a Hypatia Tenure Track Grant, candidates will also be offered the possibility to take part in the Hypatia Track, a talent program for excellent researchers who are ready to develop themselves as leaders within their academic fields. After the term of the fellowship and subject to the candidate fulfilling our Principal Investigator criteria, the candidate will be offered a permanent contract.
With the Hypatia Tenure Track Grants we intend to recruit talent from outside Radboudumc. In this respect candidates should not have had an employment relationship with Radboud University or Radboudumc in the last 3 years.
On offerWith the Hypatia Tenure Track Grant, Radboudumc can offer you the following:
- An independent researcher position with a salary conform the collective appointment agreement of the Dutch University Medical Centers.
- Excellent prospects for tenure track (i.e. faculty position with permanent contract).
- An internationally recognized competitive research environment with ample opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration and participation in
- A 4-year contract.
- Financial rewards for meeting excellent research criteria.
Candidate criteriaWe are looking for creative and talented (clinical) researchers who have:
- A background in computational science, neuroscience, (molecule) life sciences, health sciences or public health research.
- High affinity for applied research in on of the Radboudumc research themes.
- Excellent researchers (guideline 3-8 years after PhD graduation) with a strong motivation to perform top internationally-recognized research. Extension of the 8 years is possible based on the NWO extension rule (question 25).
- A proven track record in funding and publications. Candidates should haven either:
(i) acquired an NWO Vidi, ERC Starting/Consolidator grant or other prestigious personal funding
(ii) should be judged by the Hypatia Committee to be able to do so within the term of the Hypatia track.
- Candidates must have demonstrated their success in high impact publication as first or senior author. Preferentially, candidates have international experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the strong wish to work interdisciplinary.
- Good leadership skills with an ability to inspire young researchers.
Application procedureEvery year, there are three grants available. The procedure consists of two stages:
- CV and Proposal outline: Candidates must submit their CV, which includes past research performance and research proposal outline. Research proposals should fall within the research profile of one of the three affiliated research institutes.
Within 4 weeks after the submission deadline, candidates will be informed if they go to stage 2.
- Full proposal, seminar and interview: Candidates will then be requested to submit a full research propels that will be sent to external referees. Thereafter they will be invited to give a seminar and will be interviewed by group leaders.
A decision will be made on the basis of the seminar, interviews with group leaders and peer-reviewed research proposal.
Deadlines application for 2020
Applications will be evaluated three times a year by the Radboudumc Talent Board. The application deadlines are:
- Sunday 26 January 2020, 23:59
- Sunday 31 May 2020, 23:59
- Sunday 27 September 2020, 23:59
Application formThe application form will be provided upon request. For more information please contact Dagmar Eleveld-Trancikova.
Experience of the participants
Want to find out what our talent programs are all about from people who have experienced it? The following people do not mind you contacting them.