Human Performance Expertise and servicesThe term ‘human performance’ should be interpreted in the broadest sense of the term as the research focus is not only on health and disease states, but also on healthy aging, and (in)activity and lifestyle.
The expertise of this technology center is characterized by research in the “man” domain. Our purpose is to support and evaluate the knowledge gained in the molecular domain and to answer mechanistic questions from the population domain with regards to human performance.
Area of expertiseWe focus on four major pillars of the human performance and their interaction:
- muscle and nerves
- heart and vessels
- brain and cognition
ServicesWe offer an outstanding and broad experience in human in-vivo measurement techniques to study functionality of individual organs, organ systems, regulatory mechanisms, and individuals as a whole, in an integrative way. These techniques can play an important role in the evaluation of new therapies and interventions at the patient level.
Our services include:
- Support on experimental design and preparation of study plans
- Assistance in all types of projects related to in vivo measurements:
- Performance of intervention studies
- Evaluation new therapies or new medicine
- Performance of research into cognitive aging
- Performance of research centered around patient and health, lifestyle
- Performance of validation studies
- Performance of patient home measurements
4 Days Marches
Healthy Brain StudyThe cohort study is called the ‘Healthy Brain Cohort’ study. The RTC Human Performance is involved in the design of the measurements and data collection. The goal of the Healthy Brain Cohort is to make a unique leap forward in understanding the human brain within the context it lives in. read more
In 2011 zijn de afdelingen Fysiologie en Health Evidence van het Radboudumc gestart met een meerjarig onderzoek naar de effecten van een actieve leefstijl op gezondheid, kwaliteit van leven, progressie van ziekten en ziektebeleving.