Research Research groups Personalized pharmaceutical care
About this research groupAlthough medicines often improve quality of life, the (cost-)effectiveness and safety of drug therapy is mostly sub-optimal. This research group is a (inter)nationally recognized group on adequate medication use, medication adherence, medication waste and (cost-)effective pharmacotherapy.
AimsOur group has several aims.
- To identify (individual) targets to improve (cost-)effective, safe and sustainable medication use.
- To develop and evaluate interventions to increase adequate medication use.
- To support and evaluate the implementation of these interventions.
DiscoveriesSeveral discoveries were made by our research group.
- Patients medication beliefs and practical barriers cause medication non-adherence.
- Millions are lost due to medication waste, redispensing unused medication might reduce medication wastage.
- The dose of (expensive) biological drugs can often be lowered to approximately 70% of the authorized dose.