About this research groupThe research group aims to improve healthcare, from a primary care and transmural perspective. Common disorders are studied with optimal research methods.
Regarding disease categories, we have special interest in and primary care knowledge of mental disorders, kidney disease, cardiometabolic diseases and lung disorders. We aim to connect these disease-specific themes with generic themes like person-centered care, community care (including prevention), healthcare innovation, multimorbidity and contextual healthcare.
New research methods are introduced into the extramural domain. In addition, research on interprofessional education (enabling transmural collaboration) is an emerging theme (Nynke Scherpbier). Projects are often conducted in collaboration with hospital specialists from different backgrounds.
The research group has large experience with handling routine data from electronic heath records in general practice. We have a large primary care registration network with a very detailed registration for over more than a decade.
- Research institute: Radboud Institute for Health Sciences
- Research theme: Healthcare improvement science
- Research theme: Inflammatory diseases
- Research theme: Renal disorders
- Research theme: Vascular damage
- Technology center: Biostatistics
- Technology center: Data stewardship
- Technology center: Health data
- Technology center: Health Economics