Lines of research
Generic mechanisms in healthcareGeneric mechanisms in healthcare, focusing on effective and efficient healthcare delivery to complex patients in complex contexts.
- Generic aspects of disease-oriented care networks.
- Resilience and complexity science.
- Pain as a multidimensional phenomenon.
- Treating multi-morbidity.
- Integrative holistic healthcare and personalized healthcare.
Patient-centerednessPatient-centeredness, focusing on how person-centeredness can and needs to be applied in medicine and daily healthcare practice, and to tailor effectiveness research to the needs of the patient.
- Person-centeredness in healthcare.
- Patient-oriented outcome measures (PROMs).
- Self-management and the patient as an active participant.
Improving value of care deliveryImproving value of care delivery, researching how to improve the delivery of healthcare and increase value for patients.
- Improving (proactive) palliative care.
- Healthcare delivery and diversity.
- Value-driven medicine and outcomes.
- New professional roles and teamwork development.
- Safe medication.
Novel research methods and approachesNovel research methods and approaches, emphasizing the development of new research methods, needed for research analysis of complex problems and contexts.
- Early and rapid evaluation of new medical technology.
- Big data, machine learning, and text mining techniques.
- New evaluative methodologies in complex contexts.
- Efficiency and sustainability of healthcare.
- Practice variation and low-value care methodology; how to measure it and how to change it.
- Patient safety in hospitals, using less indicators and more patient measures.
- Measurement of nursing sensitive outcomes and effectiveness.
- Measuring the impact of prevention in healthcare, and in the hospital setting.
- Evaluative methods of organizational innovation of GP care.
News and agenda
More expertise needed for patients with prolonged Disorder of Consciousness14 November 2019
Self-management rehabilitation program improves participationin patients with neuromuscular disease4 November 2019
Euthanasia requests in dementia caseswhat are experiences and needs of Dutch physicians?31 October 2019
- Act in case of Depression
- In healthcare place matters and value for patients differs
- Radboudumc’s Primary Healthcare one of the best in the world!
- Pain: less is better and possible
- Celsus, academy of sustainable care
- Do-not-do and de-implement ineffective care
- Online asthma care for children as a substitution for routine care
- Outcomes of care for the elderly
Centers of clinical expertise
Information might be only available in Dutch.