Lines of research
Discovery of novel genetic and exposure factorsThis includes both fundamental research, focusing on intestinal microbiota that drive hereditary cancer, as well as improvement of identification and stratification of patients who develop cancer as a result of these cancer syndromes, as has been successfully achieved for Lynch syndrome patients.
Evidence-based pathologyDetection, validation, and implementation of new and classic biomarkers in the different patient cohorts have direct effect on treatment of patients. This topic together with the previous research line come together in the Laboratory for tumor genetics, where patient care is combined with biomarker research.
News and agenda
- Lynch syndrome from basic research to implementation in daily clinical practice
- Microbiome: from association studies towards clinically relevant tools
- Evidence-based pathology: guiding personalized treatment
- Imaging: getting ready for the next challenges
- Surgery: improved outcomes due to improved care
- Epidemiology: Study of variation to improve future care
Centers of clinical expertise
Information might be only available in Dutch.