- 40-48 hours a week
- Date of publication: 24 April 2019
- Deadline: 29 May 2019
- Scale HMS: max € 107600 gross per year at full employment (incl. vacation bonus and end of year payments)
Job descriptionThis professorship is a key appointment for the Department of Cognitive Neuroscience and the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior as a whole in its efforts to integrate diverse lines of research with its partners at the Departments of Psychiatry and Genetics (Radboudumc), Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics and Karakter, the regional provider of mental healthcare for children and adolescents.
The post will capitalize on opportunities provided by a dense network of mechanistic, translational and clinical research that integrates research on (mal)development of the brain from gene-brain association studies, over molecular mechanism in (stem-)cell-derived and animal models to large-scale clinical population studies including neuroimaging, neurocognition, and clinical treatment and prevention trials. The post holder will study brain (mal)development in humans using methods from cognitive-, computational- and/or clinical neuroscience in small-scale studies, but also in systematic large-scale cohorts.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You want to play a major leadership role in the research activity of the Donders Institute, to undertake original work independently and in collaboration with others;
- You will want to provide scientific leadership by integrating activities with the different stake holders like the departments, technology centers, and health care providers involved. You shall play an active role in the development and coordination of translational neurodevelopmental research, which is a major area for growth at the Radboud university medical center and the Donders Institute;
- You are willing to obtain research grants and other funding to carry out a program of research;
- You will play a role in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching by delivering lectures, holding classes, and assisting students in their studies by advice or informal instruction.
- You will want to take the opportunity to supervise graduate students;
- You should be willing to provide effective management leadership within your professional and academic areas and to contribute to university committees on behalf of the Department and the Institute, as required.
- You have a proven track record as a first class internationally recognized researcher or (clinical) neuroscientist, with evidence of well-cited original publications in high impact journals and participation in international research consortia;
- You have the ability to lead a well-established research group in the field of cognitive-, computational- and/or clinical neuroscience;
- You have a track record in securing significant independent research funding;
- You have a strong potential to develop productive interactions with other scientists at the Radboud university medical center, in particular the Department of Cognitive Neuroscience, the Donders Institute, and its partner institutions;
- Your research interests are synergistic with the existing strengths of the Radboud university medical center and the Donders Institute. Research focus should be on neuro(mal)development, in particular with a focus on ADHD and/or ASD and related traits;
- You show the commitment and ability to provide effective teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- You have excellent and effective written and oral communication skills.
OrganizationRadboudumc in Nijmegen is leading a mechanistic and translational research agenda. Interdisciplinary research along a tight translational chain, as implemented at the Donders Institute and in particular its center for medical neuroscience (DCMN), is required to tackle a topic that is as complex as developmental neuroscience, especially if clinical impact is aimed for. The department of Cognitive Neuroscience forms the immediate context for this position.
The 100+ researchers of this vibrant department are characterized by a collaborative culture that crosses several levels of investigation ranging from molecular work to large-scale cohorts covering animal models, human cognitive neuroimaging and patient studies. Given the strong, internationally highly visible research theme Neurodevelopmental Disorders, which works closely together with partners in other themes of the Donders Institute, the Max-Planck-Institute for Psycholinguistics and Karakter Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, the Radboudumc is in a globally leading position in this specific area of research.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.
Employment conditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Comments and contact informationThe chair motivation can be requested from drs. Anne van Rossum, secretary of the appointment committee. Any further questions about the position may be addressed to prof. Roshan Cools, chairman of the appointments advisory. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before May 29, 2019.
ecruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
apply to job
Working at Radboud university medical center
Read more about Terms & Conditions of employment.
Vacancies that comply to your searchprofile will be send to you by email.
create job alert
We support employee mobility by advising and helping international employees with their move to the Netherlands and other practical matters.
Read more about working at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.