- 40-48 hours a week
- Date of publication: 31 May 2019
- Deadline: 21 June 2019
- Scale HMS: max € 107600 gross per year at full employment (incl. vacation bonus and end of year payments)
Job descriptionAs a research department, IQ Healthcare is part of the Radboud Institute for Health Sciences (RIHS), one of the three research institutes of Radboud university medical center. At this institute, researchers, clinicians and patients work closely together in research to improve health care. IQ Healthcare is known as one of the most productive research departments of Radboud university medical center; it employs more than 100 people.
The department's research and education are centered on several themes: person-oriented care, professional development and cooperation, sustainable organization of care systems, implementation and evaluation of improvements and innovations, and health care ethics. The professor is expected to be able to link ethics and philosophy to issues concerning the quality of care that are central to IQ healthcare (efficiency, affordability, equitable distribution, value-based health care).
In the development of research projects, we explicitly aim at cooperation and networking, both internally, within the IQ healthcare department, and externally, with care providers, patients and partners such as the RIHS, the hospital, Radboud University and other (inter)national universities and institutions.
The ethicists within IQ healthcare form an energetic and close-knit team. The professor is expected to further strengthen and inspire the team’s collaborative culture.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute, at the highest academic level, to the care and development of education and new research projects in the field of health care ethics through a medical humanities approach;
- Contribute to the practice and development of ethical support within Radboud university medical center;
- To further build and expand international cooperation in the field of health care ethics research and education;
- Perpetuate and expand the cooperation of the ethics department with national partners, including other UMCs and universities of applied sciences;
- Strengthen the connection between health care ethics and other research themes of IQ healthcare;
- Strengthen the cooperation with other departments of Radboud university medical center and faculties of Radboud University in the field of health care ethics.
- Has a profound interest and academic expertise in ethics and philosophy in the context of health care and is aware of the effects of technical developments on health care;
- Can work in a multidisciplinary way and can combine ethical and philosophical analysis with qualitative empirical research;
- Has proven experience in setting up and carrying out (national and international) research projects, as evidenced by successfully completed projects and international publications;
- Endorses the importance of education and has extensive demonstrable experience in developing and providing education, preferably in a medical department;
- Focusses on the practice of health care and understands the importance of ethics support within Radboud university medical center and beyond;
- Can work well with others and has excellent communication skills.
- Is a major intellectual sparring partner;
- Can analyze and present complex moral issues from the health care sector to a wide audience;
- Recognizes that ethical and philosophical reflection on health care issues is biased, and is able and willing to further develop the Christian-humanist tradition that is at the base of Radboud university medical center;
- Has a good command of the Dutch language (speaking and writing), or is willing to learn the language in the foreseeable future.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.
Employment conditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Comments and contact informationInterviews with the Appointment Advisory Committee will take place on June 27.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof.dr. Nicoline Hoogerbrugge, Chair of the Appointment Advisory Committee. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
The Chair of Substantiation can be obtained from Drs. Anne van Rossum, secretary, Appointment Advisory Committee.
Please apply before June, 21 2019.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting
apply to job
Working at Radboud university medical center
Read more about Terms & Conditions of employment.
Vacancies that comply to your searchprofile will be send to you by email.
create job alert
We support employee mobility by advising and helping international employees with their move to the Netherlands and other practical matters.
Read more about working at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.