- 36 hours a week
- Date of publication: 10 July 2019
- Deadline: 31 July 2019
- Scale 16: max € 117325 gross per year at full employment (incl. vacation bonus and end of year payments)
Job descriptionThe ambition of the chair is to strengthen the research directed at unraveling the immunological mechanisms underlying glomerular diseases and rejection of transplanted kidneys. Translation of findings from basic research should contribute to the development of novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets.
Since immunological mechanisms involved in glomerular diseases and rejection of transplanted kidneys share many similarities, the chair will integrate running experimental research lines within the department of Nephrology to enhance focus. In addition, the chair will strongly profile the immunological research within the Radboudumc theme Renal disorders.
Finally, the chair will pursue a close and fruitful collaboration in research as well as in teaching with other departments and research themes, inside and outside Radboudumc, that address immunological topics.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordination of experimental and translational research aimed at molecular and immunological processes in the context of glomerular diseases and kidney transplantation.
- Supervision and coaching of PhD-students, post-docs and technicians.
- Initiating and maintaining of collaboration with clinicians and basic scientists.
- Coordination of (international) research consortia.
- Enhancing the profile of immunological research within the Radboudumc Research theme Renal disorders.
- Writing of grant applications for initiating new projects.
- Management of research lab, in close cooperation with business manager.
- Development, coordination and practice of education for bachelor, master and PhD- students in the field of immunology and renal diseases.
- Active participation in general staff activities of the department of Nephrology.
- You are an internationally established investigator in the field of immunology of renal diseases with a strong background in molecular biology.
- A proven capacity to obtain funding for scientific research.
- A strong ambition to strengthen translational research in glomerular diseases and kidney transplantation.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Strong communication skills and you are a binding force in multidisciplinary, national and international collaborations.
- Good teaching skills.
- Your profile meets the criteria (or will meet these criteria within five years) for the predicate of Principal Investigator.
OrganizationThe Department of Nephrology provides care for patients with various renal diseases, has a dialysis unit, and coordinates a kidney transplantation program with about 130-140 transplantations yearly. The department is actively involved in Radboudumc's center of expertise in Rare Kidney Diseases which is allied to the European Reference Network for Rare Kidney Diseases. The main areas of research are the pathogenesis and treatment of glomerular and tubular diseases and kidney transplantation. The department has a well equipped own research lab.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.
Employment conditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Comments and contact information
Any further questions about the position may be addressed to Prof. dr. Joost Hoenderop, chairman of the appointments advisory committee. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before July 31, 2019.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
apply to job
Working at Radboud university medical center
Read more about Terms & Conditions of employment.
Vacancies that comply to your searchprofile will be send to you by email.
create job alert
We support employee mobility by advising and helping international employees with their move to the Netherlands and other practical matters.
Read more about working at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.