- 32-36 hours a week
- 2 year with a possible extension
- Date of publication: 13 May 2020
- Deadline: 15 June 2020
- Scale 9: min € 2961 - max € 4078 gross per month at full employment (excl. vacation bonus and end of year payments)
- First interview scheduled: In week 27 2020
Our goal is to provide children with better medicines. We need you to support our team!
Radboudumc ’s Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology is participating in a large EU funded project, aimed to build a European-wide paediatric trial network, conect4children.
We are leading efforts to establish an advice service to support the design of the most feasible, scientific solid and child-friendly trials. An international network of over 300 experts, clinicians, researchers and parents & patients has been formed. And we provide the advice by organizing expert meetings (virtual and live) upon request of pharmaceutical companies or university researchers.
We are also leading the development of the Dutch pediatric trial network (PEDMED-NL) to improve the speed and quality of pediatric trials in the Netherlands. Pediatricians and research personnel from university and large general hospitals have joined our network. We are about to start C4c pilot trials in the Netherlands to build our network.
As our activities are successful and expanding, our team is now looking for a (junior) project officer. We expect the project officer to support the project leader and the project managers to further develop both activities.
This position presents an unique opportunity to be part of the largest European paediatric research infrastructure project to date and ultimately contribute to effective and safe medicines for children. We offer a collaborative and friendly work environment, including our international collaborators, with ample personal development opportunities. If the C4c project can be successfully transitioned to a permanent successor organization, a follow-up contract may be possible.
No day is the same!
As project officer you will collaborate on a daily basis with two project managers and two secretaries to further evolve the project by working on several different processes and developments simultaneously.
Day to day activities will include;
- Building strong relations with experts, partners of the national network and or international partners.
- Organize meetings and create presentations.
- Create process flows, SOPs and other documents.
- Collaborating on the creation of the governance model for the national network.
- Perform scoping interviews with clients and join Expert Group meetings.
- Collaborate on set-up and timeliness of a centralized contracting structure.
- Liaise with relevant organizations and clients across The Netherlands and Europe.
We expect from the project officer to:
- Be a team player for the Radboudumc c4c project team.
- Contribute to the development of methods for efficient and innovative scientific advice for pediatric drug trials and development programs.
- Contribute to the development of processes to evolve the international expert groups.
- Coordinate advice requests from entry in the network to reporting to the sponsor.
- Contribute to the development of the national network Pedmed-NL, including its governance and procedures.
- Contribute to the organization of meetings across the Netherlands and Europe.
ProfileThis job is not for everyone! You need to gain energy in working with different partners on different levels and love to quickly swift from one activity to the other. Conect4children is a project fully in motion and therefore the project officer needs thrive in working on a continuously changing project.
We are looking for a pro-active, enthusiastic and service-minded project officer, with college-level experience and/or education preferably in the field of business administration or project management, and with a clear interest in project support in an international context.
The key skills that we are looking for:
- Scientific education or demonstrable work experience at bachelor (Dutch: hbo) level.
- Excellent communication skills (Dutch and English).
- Organization and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Ability to manage and keep oversight on multiple activities.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness and flexibility to incidental travelling, both nationally and throughout Europe is a pre.
- Demonstrable experience in project management is a pre.
The Radboudumc C4c team consists of a coordinating paediatrician, 2 project managers, 2 research coordinators and 2 secretaries/management assistants. The larger c4c team is located throughout Europe and includes academic as well as industry partners.
The department Pharmacology and Toxicology
The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology is hosting the EU-wide one-stop shop for paediatric scientific advice as part of this c4c project and is the lead of the Dutch Paediatric Trial Network PEDMED-NL. The Department also represents The Netherlands in two other European paediatric research infrastructure projects (PEDCRIN and EPTRI). The Department collaborates with the Amalia Clinical Trial Unit, which is part of Radboud Technology Center Clinical Studies. The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology aims to improve effective and safe drug therapy by preclinical and clinical research, with a focus on drug transport, vascular pharmacology, medication safety and perinatal/pediatric pharmacology.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and what our people have to say about it.
Employment conditionsThis position is for 2 years. Your performance will be evaluated after 1 year. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 1 years.
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Comments and contact informationApplication
Applicants should send a letter of intent (in pdf) outlining special interest in the position and a CV.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof dr Saskia de Wildt, professor of Clinical Pharmacology & paediatric intensivist or from Fenna Mahler, senior project manager C4c. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Click here for media coverage on Conect4children (only available in Dutch).
Please apply before 15 June.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
apply to job
Working at Radboud university medical center
Read more about Terms & Conditions of employment.
Vacancies that comply to your searchprofile will be send to you by email.
create job alert
We support employee mobility by advising and helping international employees with their move to the Netherlands and other practical matters.
Read more about working at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.