- 36 hours a week
- Bepaalde tijd
- 1 year
- Date of publication: 20 July 2020
- Deadline: 17 August 2020
- Scale 6: min € 2131 - max € 2979 gross per month at full employment (excl. vacation bonus and end of year payments)
Job descriptionFor the 2000HIV cohort study, we are currently looking for junior biomedical technicians. This study focuses on inflammation and immune dysfunction in HIV-infected individuals and their role in the development of non-AIDS-related premature comorbidities. In the 2000HIV study, omics-based data (genomics, microbiome metagenomics, metabolomics) are integrated with cellular and humoral immune responses in a cohort of 2000 HIV patients. For more information on other multi-omics studies conducted by our department, please visit www.humanfunctionalgenomics.org.
At this moment we are in the recruitment phase of the study. Study participants visit a research physician in one of the participating HIV treatment centers (Radboudumc, OLVG, Erasmus MC, and Elisabeth Twee-Steden Ziekenhuis) where blood, stool, urine and saliva are collected. These samples are sent to Radboudumc, where they are processed on our laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine. Besides biobanking these samples, also PBMCs are isolated, stimulation and cell culture experiments are performed, and preparatory work is done for the different -omics analyses. Within this position you will work closely with other technicians of the team. As we are in the recruitment phase, this position will exist primarily of routine work. It is a large study and you will perform a broad range of tasks, but the general weekly pattern is always the same.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Receiving and processing of biological samples.
- Responsible for biobanking and proper data entry (sample management).
- Preparation for recruitment days and following proper protocols.
- Communicate well with members of the project team.
- Keep up stocks of laboratory consumables, order new materials and receive and process orders.
- Together with project team, prepare, pack and send biological samples to other laboratories for -omics analyses.
- Together with project team, plan and execute other protocols, such as DNA isolations, ELISAs and chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments.
- Degree in post-secondary college education as a technician, preferentially with a biomedical background.
- Preferentially, experience with named laboratory techniques.
- Excellent communicative skills.
- Precise and structured worker.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Shows initiative and flexibility.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and what our people have to say about it.
Employment conditionsThis vanancy is based on a research project. Potential contract extension is depending on availability of working activities and availability of other project funds.
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Comments and contact informationApplicants should include a letter of intent outlining special interest in the position, related qualifications, experience and career goals, a curriculum vitae, including a list of grades of your BSc / MSc components and names and addresses of professional references in the application.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Maartje Jacobs-Cleophas, project manager or Prof. Dr. Leo Joosten, project leader. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before 17 August 2020.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
apply to job
Working at Radboud university medical center
Read more about Terms & Conditions of employment.
Vacancies that comply to your searchprofile will be send to you by email.
create job alert
We support employee mobility by advising and helping international employees with their move to the Netherlands and other practical matters.
Read more about working at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.