- 36 hours a week
- 2 years
- Date of publication: 19 November 2020
- Deadline: 21 December 2020
- Scale 10: min € 2911 - max € 4615 gross per month at full employment (excl. vacation bonus and end of year payments)
- First interview scheduled: 7 January 2021
Job descriptionWe are looking for a postdoc with experience with bioinformatics and systems biology for a project embedded within in large Dutch consortium on the role of the innate immune system in the development of obesity-associated atherosclerosis. We have recruited various cohorts of 200-300 subjects with cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease with the aim to understand the drivers and role of immune cell reprogramming in the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease. Gathered information include clinical data, immunological measurements, metabolomics, proteomics, genomics (including clonal hematopoiesis driver mutations). In subgroups of subjects, we will obtain RNAseq and epigenetic data.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and excellent postdoctoral researcher with expertise in bioinformatics and systems biology for the analysis and integration of multi-omics platforms to elucidate novel mechanisms and pathways involved in the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease in the context of obesity. You will be co-supervised by senior bioinformaticians dr. Yang Li and dr. Vinod Kumar.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Analysis and integration of multi-omics platforms in the various cohorts.
- Supervision of PhD students.
- Take a leading role in writing manuscripts.
- Present data at local, national and international scientific meetings.
- Supervise MSc and/or BSc students.
- Postdoc: recent PhD graduation in bioinformatics/computational biology/statistics/computer science, or a related field in the life sciences.
- Excellent skills in programming, e.g in R, JAVA, Perl, experience with different operating systems (Linux, Windows).
- Solid theoretical background in immunology and cell biology.
- Strong ambition to succeed in science, be result-oriented.
- Critical scientific attitude and be able to work both independently as well as in a group.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and in writing.
The project is embedded in the laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine (professors Mihai Netea and Leo Joosten) and the division of Vascular Medicine (professor Niels Riksen) of the department of Internal Medicine of the Radboud University Medical Center. The laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine hosts approximately 50 PhD students, and 5-10 postdocs and is dedicated to elucidate the role of innate immunity in a wide variety of diseases, including infectious diseases, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Radboudumc in Nijmegen strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and what our people have to say about it.
Employment conditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Comments and contact informationAll additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Niels Riksen, acting head of the department of Internal Medicine, via +31 (0) 24 361 88 19. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before 21 December.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
apply to job
Working at Radboud university medical center
Read more about Terms & Conditions of employment.
Vacancies that comply to your searchprofile will be send to you by email.
create job alert
We support employee mobility by advising and helping international employees with their move to the Netherlands and other practical matters.
Read more about working at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.