About the vacancy
- 36 hours per week
- 1 year with a possible extension of 2 years
- Scale 10: min € 2911 - max € 4615 gross per month for full-time employment (excluding holiday pay and year-end bonus)
We offer you ample opportunity for development, deepening and broadening, additional training and a place to grow! Working at Radboudumc means working in an inspiring and professional environment where development is encouraged in every respect.
The program coordinator will work closely with the UMD program directors, the UMD operating board and the UMD secretary and is expected to:
- Maintain knowledge of many sub-projects.
- Complete progress and financial reports for granting agencies.
- Coordinate internal funding rounds.
- Coordinate and contribute to board meetings.
- Developing and maintaining contracts and research ethics board applications between sites.
- Developing funding applications and drafting / editing of manuscripts and presentations.
- Tracking patient progress in the research study and communicating results.
- Prepare triage meetings.
- Consenting patients for study participation.
- Serving as the liaison between the collaborating clinics, the research teams and other stakeholders.
- Patient engagement.
- Aiding with knowledge translation and communication to the public.
- Oversight of a multi-million euro budget in collaboration with a consortium controller, including annual financial reporting to funding partners.
- Responsible for progress reporting to diverse stakeholders.
- Oversight of UMD research activities, including coordination of activities at the administrative level.
- Coordination and tracking of patient progress in research studies including consenting for study participation and database management.
- Provision of input into clinic and research meetings, planning, workload, and scheduling.
- Coordination and contribution to operating board meetings, write minutes, action plans and reports.
- Coordination of meetings with Steering committee and task forces.
- Organization of webinars and the annual UMD conference.
- Coordination internal grant application and review process within the UMD.
- Search for and contribute to external grant applications of the UMD.
- Renewal of Research Ethic Board applications.
- Coordination of UMD newsletter and of the content and updates of the UMD website / portal for clinicians, researchers, patients.
- Coordination of communication with and between members of the UMD consortium.
- Coordination and promotion communication to the lay public.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the UMD.
We are looking for a self-directed, highly motivated individual with a medical background and excellent organizational skills to coordinate this multi-disciplinary project United for Metabolic Diseases (UMD).
Furthermore is it essential that you have:
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Clear evidence of attention to detail and flexibility with respect to multitasking.
- Ability to ensure timely completion of tasks by adjusting priorities as required.
- A high level of competency in various computer software and programs, including Excel.
- Ability to use an electronic database.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Effectively use interpersonal skills when dealing with team members.
- (M.D.) Medical degree.
- Minimum two years of experience in a relevant field (project coordination, research associate).
- Fluent in Dutch and Proficient in English, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of inborn errors of metabolism and molecular biology.
- Experience with clinical translation of research.
- Previous work experience with a clinical or laboratory team.
Terms of employment
The startingdate is 1 March 2021.
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands. In addition to excellent accessibility by public transport, Radboudumc also has a sufficient number of parking spaces for employees.
United for Metabolic Diseases ( UMD ) is a national collaborative between 6 Dutch University Medical Centers uniting clinicians, laboratory specialists, researchers and bioinformaticians with the collective goal to improve diagnosis, prevention and clinical care for patients and families affected...read more
United for Metabolic Diseases (UMD) is a national collaborative between 6 Dutch University Medical Centers uniting clinicians, laboratory specialists, researchers and bioinformaticians with the collective goal to improve diagnosis, prevention and clinical care for patients and families affected by inherited metabolic diseases. There is a close collaboration with the national metabolic patient organization VKS, and catalyst funding is provided by Stichting Metakids for a 5 year period.
Radboudumc in Nijmegen strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and what our people have to say about it.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from UMD directors Prof. Clara van Karnebeek, Head Dept Metabolic Diseases at or from Prof. Hans Waterham Amsterdam UMC. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
This vacancy is also published on the website of the Amsterdam Umc. We look forward to meeting you!
Please apply before 4 March 2021.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
Our strategy person-oriented and innovativeRadboudumc wants to lead the way in shaping the healthcare of the future.
Apply at Radboud university medical center
What can you expect when you apply for a job at Radboudumc?
Read the frequently asked questions from applicants and of course the answers.
Working at Radboud university medical center
On this page, our employees explain what working at Radboudumc means to them.
The Radboud way of working is driven by the mission, vision and core values of Radboud university medical center.
Employees are covered by the collective labor agreement of the university medical centers (Cao umc). In addition, we offer an attractive and extensive package of employment conditions and options.