About the position
- 16 hours per week
- 7 months
- Salary scale 10
- min € 2911 - max € 4615 gross per month for full-time employment
- Deadline: 12 May 2021
#weareradboudumc, what about you?
Are you the enthusiastic and motivated project manager or researcher, with strong coordinating and management skills, that will strengthen our research support team?
The department of Medical Microbiology (MMB) has an ambitious research agenda with a variety of topics; malaria, virology, mycology, tuberculosis and antibiotic resistance. We offer an exciting and varied position in which you as project manager will offer support to principal investigators in acquisition and management of research projects. These research projects are characterized by their strong international and collaborative nature and are funded by a variety of external funders including EU-H2020, NWO, ZonMW, Welcome Trust, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and NIH.
Tasks and responsibilities
The project manager will be responsible for the coordination of legal aspects of the projects and will provide support throughout the lifecycle of research projects. The main focus of activities will be projects of the malaria research group. Tasks will depend on the expertise and background of the candidate and may include:
- Coordinating research project related legal aspects (e.g. project (sub)contracts, clinical trial agreements, collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, etc).
- Contribution to central administration of MMB research project applications and management of information for principal investigators.
- Advisor for research project management.
- Support in acquisition of research projects; supporting the administrative side of project development, including navigating grant rules, handling of submission processes and contract negotiations.
- Overseeing financial, administrative and contractual obligations for a subset of projects.
The Department of Medical Microbiology of the Radboud University Medical Centre employs approximately 120 staff members for patient care, research and training. It’s ambitious research agenda covers a variety of topics; malaria, virology, mycology, tuberculosis and antibiotic resistance. The...read more
The Department of Medical Microbiology of the Radboud University Medical Centre employs approximately 120 staff members for patient care, research and training. It’s ambitious research agenda covers a variety of topics; malaria, virology, mycology, tuberculosis and antibiotic resistance. The malaria research group has a world-leading agenda in terms of controlled human malaria infections, clinical trials, epidemiological work and vaccine development. The malaria group is led by Prof. dr. Teun Bousema and Prof. dr. Benjamin Mordmuller.
Radboud university medical center is a university medical center for patient care, scientific research, and education in Nijmegen. Radboud university medical center strives to be at the forefront of shaping the healthcare of the future. We do this in a person-centered and innovative way, and in close collaboration with our network. We want to have a significant impact on healthcare. We want to improve with each passing day, continuously working towards better healthcare, research, and education. And gaining a better understanding of how diseases arise and how we can prevent, treat, and cure them, day in and day out. This way, every patient always receives the best healthcare, now and in the future. Because that is why we do what we do.
Read more about our strategy and what working at Radboud university medical center means. Our colleagues would be happy to tell you about it. #weareradboudumc.
We are looking for a researcher or project manager with a proactive can-do attitude and excellent communication skills who enjoys working in an international research environment. You are proactive and supportive in cooperation with researchers and support staff in the department as well as other...read more
We are looking for a researcher or project manager with a proactive can-do attitude and excellent communication skills who enjoys working in an international research environment. You are proactive and supportive in cooperation with researchers and support staff in the department as well as other departments or (inter)national institutes, universities and companies. You have an independent and well-structured working style. Also, you possess well-developed social skills directed to work in an international team.
Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- A PhD (preferred) or MSc (minimum of 2 years research experience) in a discipline related to biomedical or public health research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to multitask with good time-management skills.
- Expertise in research project management is an advantage.
- Expertise in setting up quality research and innovation projects is an advantage.
Terms of employment
Working at Radboud university medical center means that you are ahead of the curve and working together on the healthcare of the future. But there is more. Our secondary terms of employment are impressive. These are fully tailored to you thanks to our Employment Conditions Selection Model. At...read more
Terms of employment
Working at Radboud university medical center means that you are ahead of the curve and working together on the healthcare of the future. But there is more. Our secondary terms of employment are impressive. These are fully tailored to you thanks to our Employment Conditions Selection Model. At Radboud university medical center, you will be given trust, and you will take the responsibility to handle everything together. We provide annual courses, both professional and personal.
- In addition to your monthly salary and an annual vacation allowance of 8%, you will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- If you work irregular hours, you will receive an allowance.
- As a full-time employee (36 hours per week), you are entitled to approximately 168 vacation hours (over 23 days) per year.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium. You pay the rest of the premium with your gross salary.
- You get a discount on health insurance as well: you can take advantage of two group health insurance plans. UMC Zorgverzekering and CZ collectief.
Apply at Radboud university medical center
What can you expect when you apply for a job at Radboudumc?
Read the frequently asked questions from applicants and of course the answers.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Teun Bousema, professor Medical Microbiology or Dr. Annemieke Jansens, research manager via +31(0)24 361 90 41.a Use the Apply button to submit your application.
We would like to receive your application before wednesday 12 May 2021. We will then contact you shortly.
What else can you expect?
When you join us, we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. You do not have to do anything for this; we will tell you more later. Read more what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands, about the application process or view our frequently asked questions.
We recruit for this vacancy ourselves. Acquisition is not appreciated, but sharing in your network is.