Registration has closedEarly Bird: € 250,- per person. (before 01 May 2022) Late registration: € 290,- per person (till 13 June 2022)
14 & 15 July 2022
NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof
Early Bird before 01 May 2022: € 250,- per person •Late registration till 13 June 2022: € 290,- per person
Guidelines Oral presentation
Instructions for oral presentations
Abstracts from PhD candidates in the last year of their PhD project are selected for an oral presentation.
Oral presentations will take place during parallel sessions.
The oral presentation includes 8 minutes of presentation + 4 minutes discussion and time to change.
Two chairs will be assigned to each session. They will keep track of time, introduce the speakers and lead the discussion at the end of each presentation.
Please bear in mind that the audience is diverse and may have a different background.
Please stick to the time limits! Otherwise the session chair may intervene.
Deadline oral presentations: 11 July 2022.
Structure of presentation
To make the lecture series more interactive and attractive to all PhD candidates with a different background we would like to ask you to include the following things in your presentation:
o General definitions of used terminology
o Clinical relevance/value for society
- Please send the slides to firstname.lastname@example.org and name the file: Firstname_Lastname_Datepresentation.ppt
- At the beginning of the PhD retreat go to the room where your presentation is scheduled and one of the committee members will put your presentation on a central computer.
Instructions for the session chairs
- Identify yourself and your co-chair(s) to the audience.
- Introduce the speakers.
- Ensure that the session proceeds according to the schedule.
- Remind each presenter of the time limits that apply. During the presentations enforce time limits strictly.
- Lead and stimulate the discussion after each presentation. Invite the audience to ask questions. If there are no questions, it is up to the chair to start the discussion.
At the end of the retreat, the jury will select two best Oral presentations of the PhD retreat 2022!
Guidelines Poster presentation
Instructions for poster presentations
- Obligatory for all PhD candidates, except for those who have started their PhD project in 2022 and PhD candidates who are selected for an oral presentation.
- Mount your poster upon arrival on your board, the number is indicated in the abstract book.
- During the two-day retreat, there will be two 1-hour poster sessions.
- In each session, around 60 participants will present their work while the others are free to visit the posters of their choice.
Structure of the poster
- One poster board and pins will be provided for your poster.
- The size of the poster board is A0 portrait.
- Note: Specify the value for society/clinical relevance of your research and try to zoom out to the bigger picture.
At the end of the retreat, the jury will select the best Poster presentation!
- PhD candidates in the last year of their PhD project:
- Oral presentation
- Other PhD candidates: Poster presentation (in English). This is not obligatory for students who started their PhD project in 2022.
- Keynote lecture: Hanneke Schuitemaker , Professor of Virology.
- Party on Thursday evening
(Online event if the meeting will be digitally)
Keynote lecture Hanneke Schuitemaker
We are proud to announce that the keynote speaker of the RIMLS PhD retreat of July 2022 is Prof. Hanneke Schuitemaker! Prof. Hanneke Schuitemaker is the head of Viral Vaccine Discovery and Translational medicine and the Disease Area Stronghold Leader for Viral vaccines in Janssen Vaccines and Prevention since 2010. In this role, she supervises Janssen’s viral vaccine programs including future vaccine candidates for HIV, Ebola, HPV and COVID-19. Moreover, she is a Professor of Virology at the Amsterdam University Medical Center.
During her keynote lecture, Prof. Schuitemaker will guide us through every step of vaccine development within industry using their recently developed COVID-19 vaccine as example.
- Maarten te Groen
- Iris van der Hoorn
- Luca Meesters
- Wouter van Megen
- Judith Schaart
- Kayleigh Schouren
- Marith van Schrojenstein Lantman