Eddy Adang associate professorEddy Adang is appointed associate professor cost-effectiveness analysis at the Department for Health Evidence at the Radboud University Medical Centre in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. His research consists of methodological advancements in cost-effectiveness analysis as well as applied research concerning economic evaluation of health (care) technology. Furthermore Adang is consultant for clinical trials and decision analytical modeling studies with an (additional) economic research question. Up to now Adang delivered eight PhD's (one cum laude), is member of several national committees like the Health Council of the Netherlands on population screening and the organization of the Dutch tissue chain. Further he was a member of the Dutch Health Care Insurance Board (CVZ) committee on guidelines for costing research in health care. Eddy Adang has published his research, both methodological and applied work, in over 100 international peer reviewed impact journals. Further he published extensively in Dutch professional journals like 'Economisch Statistische Berichten'.
Personal prizes & awards national & international
- 2012 Editors' Choice Award (The Journal of Nuclear Medicine) for best clinical manuscript for Vos et al., Cost-Effectiveness of Routine FDG PET/CT in High-Risk Patients with Gram-Positive Bacteremia. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2011 52: 1673-1678 (group)
- 2012 Nomination best paper HTA, Dutch Society for Technology Assessment in Health Care (NVTAG). Van de Wetering G, Woertman WH, Adang EM. A model to correct for short-run inefficiencies in economic evaluations in healthcare. Health Econ. 2012 Mar 21(3):270-81. doi: 10.1002/hec.1705. Epub 2011 Feb 14. PubMed PMID: 21322084.
- 2011 Nomination best paper HTA, Dutch Society for Technology Assessment in Health Care (NVTAG). Kievit W, Hendrikx J, Stalmeier PF, van de Laar MA, Van Riel PL, Adang EM. The relationship between change in subjective outcome and change in disease: a potential paradox. Qual Life Res. 2010 Sep 19(7):985-94. Epub 2010 May 8. PubMed PMID: 20454862 PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2923719.
- 2009 First Prize Siemens Award for Excellence in Practice Based Research (Society of Nuclear Medicine ) for the oral presentation " Does Positron Emission Tomography add any value in the surgical treatment of colorectal liver metastases?" at the Society of Nuclear Medicine Annual Meeting 2009,Toronto, Canada (group)
- 2008 Best Oncology thesis 2008, Dr. J. Timmer-Bonte (co-promotor Dr. EMM Adang, 2008)
- Member of several national committees like the Health Council of the Netherlands on population screening.
- Member of the organization of the Dutch tissue chain.
- Member of the Dutch Health Care Insurance Board (CVZ) committee on guidelines for costing research in health care.
- Consultant for clinical trials and decision analytical modeling studies with an (additional) economic research question.