En People Hans von den Hoff
Hans von den Hoff assistant professorHans von den Hoff is a cell biologist and assistant professor at the department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Biology in Dentistry. He is also board member of the European Tissue Repair Society.
Research focuses on wound healing and scarring after cleft palate repair. Scar formation in the mucosa and muscles of the palate after surgery causes growth disturbances of the upper jaw and impairs speech. Research focuses on strategies to reduce scarring in mucosa/skin and muscle tissue. This includes in vitro studies on fibroblasts and muscle cells as well as animal models for wound healing in mucosa/skin and muscle. Scaffolds with specific growth factors and structural cues are developed to improve the healing of these tissues. The final aim is to improve the outcome of cleft palate surgery with respect to growth and function.
- Member of the board of the European Tissue Repair Society (ETRS, 2012-present)
- Member of the board of the section Orthodontics and craniofacial biology (1995-present)
- Member of the management team of the laboratory Dentistry (2017-present)
- Chair of the radiation protection committee of Dentistry (2004-present)
- Member of the advisory board for radiation protection (OCS) of Radboud University (2004-present)