About the Radboudumc center of expertiseThe Center of Head and Neck Oncology treats patients with a tumor in the head-neck area. Every patient is seen and treated by a multidisciplinary team of specialists.
If your physician suspects you have a malignant tumor (cancer) in the head-neck area, he will refer you to Radboudumc’s Center of Head and Neck Oncology. After referral, you can contact the Center of Head and Neck Oncology within a week. After your first appointment here, you will usually receive all results and a treatment plan within a week.
Screening periodA specialist team will examine your symptoms and discuss what the best treatment for you might be. During the screening period, we plan the necessary appointments and examinations within a short space of time. We will make a follow-up appointment once all the results of the surveys are known. read more
Screening periodWe will call you and invite you for the screening. The first appointment is always on Tuesday. This appointment takes place at the Center of Head and Neck Oncology. The nurse will assist you. He or she will give you an overview of all appointments and discuss them with you. We ask you to be fully available for the examinations on the agreed Tuesday and Wednesday. It may be that examinations will also be carried out on Thursday morning. On Tuesday, you will hear from the specialist team which examinations are required.
The resultsOnce all the results of the examinations are known, we will make a follow-up appointment with you. During this consultation, your primary care provider will discuss the results and treatment plan with you and your family.
- You do not need to have fasted.
- Sometimes there is heavy traffic in and around Nijmegen. So please leave on time.
- The places where the examinations are carried out could be far apart. If you need, you can take a wheelchair located at the parking garage or hospital entrance.
- We will offer you lunch.
- You might want to bring a toothbrush with you so that you can clean your mouth before being examined.
- There is a coffee machine in the waiting room of the outpatient clinic.
- In the waiting room of the outpatient clinic, there is a safe to store your coat or bag.
- Preferably come with someone on Tuesday. You will be given a lot of information.
- You will have to wait for your appointment. If you have been waiting for more than half an hour, always report this at the desk. Perhaps bring a book with you, for example, so that you have something to do while you wait.