The Radboudumc distinguishes itself nationally and internationally through its specialist care of infectious diseases. Patients with lung-related infectious diseases are admitted to and treated in the new care building P, on Erasmuslaan.
The building has its own entrance for patients and visitors and is easily accessible for ambulances. Via the long corridor (central axis) the building is connected underground to the other buildings of the Radboudumc.
There will be three units in this attractive free-standing building. These are all located on the first floor with access to the park landscape.
- An open unit with 7 rooms: here, patients with lung-related infectious diseases that are not contagious to their environment are cared for.
- A unit with 8 isolation rooms: here patients are cared for who are suspected or known to be contagious to their surroundings, for example patients with open tuberculosis.
- An isolation unit with 2 IC rooms: this is where patients with (suspected) viral hemorrhagic fevers such as Ebola are kept. This unit is fully enclosed and has its own ambulance entrance.
In the event of an outbreak, for example in a pandemic, the entire unit of 17 beds can be used as a cohort and isolation unit (HLIU: High Level Isolation Unit).
The building has a floor area of approximately 1,800 m2 and is designed so that it can be enlarged in the future.
Adres: Erasmuslaan 17
Route number Tuberculose en Longinfecties: 982
Homely atmospherePatients admitted to Building P sometimes have to stay in the hospital for months at a time. A quiet environment is therefore important for this patient group, an environment where they feel at home. A home-like environment also motivates them to continue their therapy. Because of the cultural diversity of the patients, we chose colors and a worldly appearance.
Tuberculosis en lung-related infectious diseases
A total of 15 patient rooms and 2 living areas are available for patients with lung-related infectious diseases and tuberculosis.
- In an open section with 7 rooms and a living area, patients with lung-related infectious diseases who are not contagious to their surroundings are cared for.
- In the section with 8 isolation rooms, patients are cared for who are suspected or known to be contagious to their surroundings, for example patients with open tuberculosis. Radboudumc is the center of expertise for Tuberculosis and non-tuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) infectious diseases.