TOPFIT Healthy for two years longer
TOPFIT is a large-scale collaborative partnership of universities, hospitals, business schools and mbo (vocational training) institutions in the provinces of Gelderland and Overijssel. By joining forces we want to get one step ahead of illness, so that people can stay healthy, fit and active for longer.
The core of TOPFIT consists of 11 permanent partners: The Radboudumc, Radboud University, University of Twente, Rijnstate, MST, Sint Maartenskliniek, ZGT, Saxion, HAN, ROC van Twente, and Landstede mbo.
Healthy for two years longer
TOPFIT's mission is for everyone in Gelderland and Overijssel to gain two extra healthy years of life. Therefore, we are focusing on prevention, because a fit and active lifestyle helps us to stay healthy for longer.
We want to achieve this by translating new insights and knowledge from care, science and society into applications, therapies, education and advice. TOPFIT therefore seeks to connect with everyone who is committed to a healthier life: from residents to doctors, and from entrepreneurs to researchers.
We work together in 5 mission programmes that focus on diseases and health problems that everyone can relate to. This is where researchers, developers and professionals meet to devise solutions that help detect, prevent or slow down diseases.
- Stress and mental health
- Movement disorders
- Heart and vascular diseases
- Kidney diseases
We want to achieve our goals by tackling five prevention challenges. These are strategic challenges that none of the TOPFIT partners can address alone, which is why they have been chosen as joint starting points:
- We involve residents from the beginning in research, innovation and implementation of results and applications.
- We will develop effective and efficient solutions for the prediction of diseases at an early stage.
- We ensure that healthcare solutions can be applied remotely, in people's homes, with the help of new technology.
- We train the professionals of the future: health workers with knowledge of technology and tech employees with knowledge of healthcare.
- We jointly seek revenue models for prevention and health promotion so that, in time, attention and investments shift from illness to health.