About the Radboudumc center of expertiseRadboudumc's center of expertise in Hereditary Cancer, acknowledged by Orphanet in 2013, was established to provide a place for specialist care and scientific research for hereditary tumors.
The center of expertise specializes in the following diseases: breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer/intestinal polyps (polyposis), uterus cancer, gastric cancer, thyroid cancer, Cowden, children’s cancer, adrenal cancer, pituitary cancer, paragangliomas, glomus tumors, melanomas and other rare forms of cancer.
Our center of expertise guarantees recognizable, specialized multidisciplinary care and knowledge under one roof. Here we conduct internationally leading and pioneering research into the new causes of hereditary cancer and the prevention and treatment of hereditary cancer. This ensures that we can better inform both patients and their families and referrers and doctors in training in the region.
Our expertiseEverything a patient needs is available at our center of expertise:
- The Genetics department for hereditary advice and research
- Medical social work for the guidance of families with hereditary cancer
- Medical and nursing specialists for the prevention and treatment of hereditary cancer
- Research into (new) hereditary forms of cancer and their treatment
ExpertiseWe treat and conduct research into all types of hereditary cancers, including rare forms of hereditary cancer. We particularly specialize in:
- Gut cancer
- Breast cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Cowden syndrome
- Children’s cancer
- Paragament fringes and glomuster tumors
EducationOur center of expertise educates students of Medicine and of Biomedical Sciences. In addition, medical specialists (in training) can do an internship at our center of expertise. We also offer students the opportunity to carry out scientific research within our expertise centre.
Continuing vocational training
In addition, our center of expertise contributes to the further training and education of medical specialists, general practitioners and (oncology) nurses through Q and A evenings and refresher training symposia.
For further training requests, please contact us via e-mail (email@example.com).
Scientific researchOur center of expertise also conducts international scientific research to improve the diagnosis and care of people with hereditary cancer:
- N. (Nicoline) Hoogerbrugge, PhD, Full Professor: Clinical Cancer Genetics
- A.H.M. (Ad) Geurts van Kessel, PhD, Full Professor: Tumor Cell Genetics
- R. (Richarda) de Voer, PhD: Cancer Genomics
- M.J.L. (Marjolijn) Ligtenberg, Full Professor: Translational Tumor Genetics
- Referral via the care domain (general practitioners) or written referral:
|Department||Center of expertise in Hereditary Cancer|
| Postbus 9101
6500 HB Nijmegen
|Telephone||+31 (0)24 361 39 46|
- Emergency referral and consultations: you can contact the specialist on duty by telephone.
Internship for medical specialistsMedical specialists (in training) can be offered the possibility to participate in a one-week internship with our medical expertise team hereditary cancer. You can register at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient reviewEvery Thursday morning, we discuss our patients within our multidisciplinary team. If you have patients that you would like to have discussed, you can let us know (please provide a question, a history and a family history) via email@example.com
Een eerste afspraakUw huisarts of behandelend specialist verwijst u naar ons expertisecentrum. Vervolgens krijgt u een informatiepakketje thuis gestuurd met informatie over:
- de polikliniek
- datum en tijdstip van uw afspraak.