Education Students General information for

Academic students

Where can I find what information?

A handy overview of all the places you can find more information that you may need for your studies. read more

Setting up wireless network (WiFi)

Read here how you can connect your pc, tablet or mobile phone to the Radboudumc WiFi. read more

Setting up wireless network (WiFi)

At Radboudumc, you can use the wireless network on your pc, tablet or phone via Eduroam or via Student-UMCRadboud. 

Preferably use Eduroam

Once set up, you can use Eduroam on every university worldwide. You can connect your device with Eduroam in two ways: 
  1. Automatically via this tool
  2. Manually. Connect to Eduroam and fill in the following at the pop-up: 
  • Network name/SSID: Eduroam
  • Authentication method: Beveiligde EAP (TTLS)
  • Authentication protocol: MS-CHAP-V2
  • User name: S-number (with an s) (for example
  • Password: your Blackboard-password


Sign up via the pop-up or go to your Network center and add a new wireless connection using the following details: 
  • Netwerk name/SSID: Student-UMCRadboud
  • Verification/Authentication: WPA Enterprise
  • Data coding/encryption: TKIP
  • Authentication method: Secure EAP (PEAP)
  • Authentication protocol: MS-CHAP-v2 
You will see a pop-up. Enter the following details in it:
  • User name: S-number (with capital S)
  • Password: your Blackboard-password
  • Domain: leave empty

Is it not working correctly?

> view the manual on

Infection prevention

Read how you can diminish the risk of becoming infected or spreading an infection. read more

Quality control

Read more about internal quality assurance of core and open curriculum, and about external quality assurance. read more

Education committees

Read more about the different committees that are involved in education at several initial study programs. read more

Patient privacy

In education at Radboudumc, patient materials (like x-ray pictures) are used regularly. read more

Patient privacy

At Radboudumc, patient materials (like x-ray pictures) are used regularly for educational purposes. In principle, these materials are anonymised, which means that it is impossible to gauge from which patient a material derives. This does, however, not alter the fact that students have a duty to treat patient material with respect. The protection of the patients privacy and of materials that cannot be revealed publicly out of ethical considerations, is one of the main reasons Blackboard is used instead of an open website. 

Schedules and annual plans

Are you a Bachelor's or a Master's student at the Medical Faculty? Here you can find your schedule and annual plan. read more

Internships Radboudumc

Looking for an internship within healthcare, research or education? Check out internships, student assistant positions, and more.

read more

Frequently asked questions digital systems

For all your questions about the student portal, education PCs, web dossier and more.

What to do in cases of emergency?

How to act when there is a fire? 

Call phone number 55555 and clearly state: 
  • Your name
  • Location of the fire. 
  • What is on fire – or press the fire detector. 
  • Warn people who are in the immediate vicinity. 
  • Take all people who are in danger to safety (i.e. behind the smoke protection doors in the corridor).
  • Try to put out the fire. Note: Do not spray water on electrical equipment!  
  • Close the doors within de department. 
  • Never use the elevator when you suspect there is fire in the building where you are. 

What to do in case of an accident with injury?

Call phone number 55555 and clearly state: 
  • Your name.
  • The location of the accident. 
  • What kind of injury is sustained (if possible) and whether the injured person can still be addressed. 
  • Ask for an ambulance if needed.  
  • Inform the porter (36)14127. 

Important points:

  • Do not leave the victim alone. 
  • If possible, meet aid workers at the elevator/stairs. 

What to do in case of an unsafe situation: 

  • Try to do something about the situation yourself.
  • Report the unsafe situation to the Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Service (AMD) by filling in the S.O.S. form, available at the porter’s. Follow further instructions on this form. 

What to do in case of a chemical incident?

Call phone number 55555 and clearly state: 
  • Your name.
  • The location of the accident. 
  • What kind of injury is sustained (if possible) and whether the injured person can still be addressed.
  • Warn people in the area of threat. 
  • Ensure that nobody enters the area of threat. 
  • Make sure you are familiar with the eye showers and safety showers’ locations. 
  • Keep infected people on-site. 
In all cases, follow the instructions of central aid workers! 

Students further education