Each year RIMLS awards several prizes to stimulate our (young) researchers. Please find here an overview of the upcoming awards.
- Best scientific report by a M.Sc. student who produced in 2018 the best scientific report of his/her practical research project. More information.
- Best PhD thesis by the PhD candidate who delivered the best thesis of 2018. More information.
- RIMLS breakthrough paper of 2018. The best peer-reviewed publication which should relate to a major scientific “breakthrough" that advances scientific understanding, More information.
- RIMLS travel awards. Available for work-related travel in 2019 (e.g. conference, work placement) expenses. More information.
- Microscopic Imaging Contest. Images should be made with an MIC microscope and can be used to promote the MIC. More information.
- Supervisor of the Year. Vote for your supervisor of the year. More information.
Importantly, awards will be distributed at the RIMLS New Years drink on 15 January 2019.
Related news items
EU funded project BIOMAP led by Ellen van den Bogaard12 April 2019
Ellen van den Bogaard, theme Inflammatory diseases, leads the research on the experimental validation and functional analysis of identified biomarkers by using advanced organotypic skin models and receives a grant of €258,000.read more
Interacting non-specific immunological effects of BCG and Tdapf vaccinations5 April 2019
In a randomized trial Mihai Netea and colleagues aim to investigate the non-specific immunological effects of BCG and DTP-containing vaccines on the immune response to unrelated pathogens. They have published their findings in Clinical Infectious Diseases.read more
Size matters: Miniaturised interaction proteomics with ultra-low input requirements4 April 2019
Cristina Furlan and René Dirks from the groups of Michiel Vermeulen and Hendrik Marks, theme Cancer development and immune defense, teamed up to develop a low-input interaction proteomics platform, called on-chip AP-MS. They published these findings in Nature Communications.read more