In 5 categories RIMLS young researchers received an award and bonus during the New Year's drinks.
Click here for all the photo's.
Best PhD Thesis 2018: Mani Diba
Title of his thesis: Development of composite biomaterials with self-healing properties.
Best Master Thesis 2018: Eline van Houtum
Title of her thesis: Glycoengineered molecules to target the sialic acid-siglec axis in tumor immunology.
Breakthrough paper 2018: Florian Wimmers, et al.
Title: Single-cell analysis reveals that stochasticity and paracrine signaling control interferon-alpha production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells.
Nature Communications 9, 3318, 2018
Best MIC Image 2018: Leontien van der Bent
Photo: Immortalized myoblasts from a myotonic dystrophy type 1 patient.
Travel grants 2018:
- Cenna van Manen, € 500 for a work placement at Karls university of Tuebingen, Germany
- Remco van Cruchten € 450 to visit the International Myotonic Dystrophy Consortium meeting, Sweden
- Lisanne Gommers € 1,000 to visit the conference Keystone Symposia Microbiome: Chemical Mechanisms and Biological Consequences, Canada
- Elke Muntjewerff € 1,000 to visit th annual Meeting of the American Association of Immunologists in May 2019, San Diego, USA
- Daan Panneman € 1,000 to visit the Gordon Conference on Mitochondrial Dynamics and Signaling, USA
- Eva-Leonne Göttgens € 465 to visit the 38th ESTRO meeting in Milan
- Georgina Flórez-Grau € 400 for a work placement at the Immunology Institute in Marseille, France
- Jorge Dominquez Andres € 500 to visit the Conference: 2nd Human & Translational Immunology, Greece
Want to know more about these subjects? Click on the buttons below for more news.
RIMLSCell Biology Dentistry Haematology Physiology Tumor Immunology ResearchNanomedicine Cancer development and immune defenseRare cancersTumors of the digestive tract Urological cancersWomen's cancersInfectious diseases and global healthInflammatory diseases Mitochondrial diseasesReconstructive and regenerative medicineRenal disorders Vascular damage awards and grants
Related news items
In order to maximize quality of life in pediatric psoriasis reaching for clear skin is necessary12 December 2019
In JAMA Dermatology, Bruins et al showed that greatest improvement in quality of life was achieved with 90% improvement of the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI) and 90% decrease of affected body surface area in a large cohort of children with psoriasis.read more
Bart-Jan Kullberg appointed as Chair of Health Council12 December 2019
As of 1 January 2020, Bart-Jan Kullberg has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Health Council of the Netherlands.read more
Vote for the Supervisor of the year12 December 2019
Now you have the chance to vote for your preferred candidate. Have fun, and go for it, support and promote the ideal supervisor. Deadline for voting is 5 January 2020. The three nominated finalists are: Joost Drenth, Marien de Jonge and Iris Nagtegaal.read more
Jelle Barentsz's trilogy of educational papers in European Urology12 December 2019
Recently, a trilogy of educational papers by our full professor Jelle Barentsz has been published in European Urology. The publications address what urologists need to know about prostate-MRI.read more
ERC Consolidator Grant for Bousema and Sechopoulos12 December 2019
Teun Bousema and Ioannis Sechopoulos each receive an ERC Consolidator Grant of around two million euros. This European research subsidy will enable them to carry out research for the next five years.read more