In 5 categories RIMLS young researchers received an award and bonus during the New Year's drinks.
Click here for all the photo's.
Best PhD Thesis 2018: Mani Diba
Title of his thesis: Development of composite biomaterials with self-healing properties.
Best Master Thesis 2018: Eline van Houtum
Title of her thesis: Glycoengineered molecules to target the sialic acid-siglec axis in tumor immunology.
Breakthrough paper 2018: Florian Wimmers, et al.
Title: Single-cell analysis reveals that stochasticity and paracrine signaling control interferon-alpha production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells.
Nature Communications 9, 3318, 2018
Best MIC Image 2018: Leontien van der Bent
Photo: Immortalized myoblasts from a myotonic dystrophy type 1 patient.
Travel grants 2018:
- Cenna van Manen, € 500 for a work placement at Karls university of Tuebingen, Germany
- Remco van Cruchten € 450 to visit the International Myotonic Dystrophy Consortium meeting, Sweden
- Lisanne Gommers € 1,000 to visit the conference Keystone Symposia Microbiome: Chemical Mechanisms and Biological Consequences, Canada
- Elke Muntjewerff € 1,000 to visit th annual Meeting of the American Association of Immunologists in May 2019, San Diego, USA
- Daan Panneman € 1,000 to visit the Gordon Conference on Mitochondrial Dynamics and Signaling, USA
- Eva-Leonne Göttgens € 465 to visit the 38th ESTRO meeting in Milan
- Georgina Flórez-Grau € 400 for a work placement at the Immunology Institute in Marseille, France
- Jorge Dominquez Andres € 500 to visit the Conference: 2nd Human & Translational Immunology, Greece
Want to know more about these subjects? Click on the buttons below for more news.
RIMLSDentistry Haematology Tumor Immunology ResearchNanomedicine Cancer development and immune defenseRare cancersTumors of the digestive tract Urological cancersWomen's cancersInfectious diseases and global healthInflammatory diseases Metabolic disordersReconstructive and regenerative medicineRenal disorders Vascular damage awards and grants
Related news items
Call Dutch L’Oréal UNESCO for Women in Science fellowships12 May 2021
The Fondation L’Oréal and UNESCO invite you to nominate eminent women scientists for the 2022 L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards. Deadline 31 May 2021.read more
Dried pepper and video games: novel proteins to generate small RNAs11 May 2021
Joep Joosten and colleagues determined the composition of PIWI protein complexes to provide novel insights into the piRNA pathway of virus-transmitting mosquitoes. They published this recently in Cell reports.read more
Four NWO Open Competition Grants for Radboud researchers11 May 2021
Four researchers from Radboud University and Radboudumc receive a NWO Open Competion grant from the NWO Domain Social Sciences and Humanities.read more
Miniaturized microfluidic platform for automated epigenetic profiling6 May 2021
Together with Fluidigm, a US-based company focusing on microfluidics, the team of Hendrik Marks publishes in Genome Research the development of a powerful plug and play ChIP-seq platform for minute amount of cells, such as embryonic specimens or small biopsies.read more
Broken teeth coronastress poses a danger to our teeth6 May 2021
Teeth grinding and molars on top of each other: stress from corona causes an increase in dental damage. That's what they noticed at the department of dentistry at Radboudumc.read more
Annual Paper Awards of Research Theme Tumors of the Digestive Tract4 May 2021
The annual Paper Awards session of the Research Theme Tumors of the Digestive Tract took place at the 22nd of April. The selected candidates prepared wonderful informative movies, that were judged by the public of the RRR and by our patient representatives.read more