In 5 categories RIMLS young researchers received an award and bonus during the New Year's drinks.
Click here for all the photo's.
Best PhD Thesis 2018: Mani Diba
Title of his thesis: Development of composite biomaterials with self-healing properties.
Best Master Thesis 2018: Eline van Houtum
Title of her thesis: Glycoengineered molecules to target the sialic acid-siglec axis in tumor immunology.
Breakthrough paper 2018: Florian Wimmers, et al.
Title: Single-cell analysis reveals that stochasticity and paracrine signaling control interferon-alpha production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells.
Nature Communications 9, 3318, 2018
Best MIC Image 2018: Leontien van der Bent
Photo: Immortalized myoblasts from a myotonic dystrophy type 1 patient.
Travel grants 2018:
- Cenna van Manen, € 500 for a work placement at Karls university of Tuebingen, Germany
- Remco van Cruchten € 450 to visit the International Myotonic Dystrophy Consortium meeting, Sweden
- Lisanne Gommers € 1,000 to visit the conference Keystone Symposia Microbiome: Chemical Mechanisms and Biological Consequences, Canada
- Elke Muntjewerff € 1,000 to visit th annual Meeting of the American Association of Immunologists in May 2019, San Diego, USA
- Daan Panneman € 1,000 to visit the Gordon Conference on Mitochondrial Dynamics and Signaling, USA
- Eva-Leonne Göttgens € 465 to visit the 38th ESTRO meeting in Milan
- Georgina Flórez-Grau € 400 for a work placement at the Immunology Institute in Marseille, France
- Jorge Dominquez Andres € 500 to visit the Conference: 2nd Human & Translational Immunology, Greece
Want to know more about these subjects? Click on the buttons below for more news.
RIMLSCell Biology Dentistry Haematology Tumor Immunology ResearchNanomedicine Cancer development and immune defenseRare cancersTumors of the digestive tract Urological cancersWomen's cancersInfectious diseases and global healthInflammatory diseases Metabolic disordersReconstructive and regenerative medicineRenal disorders Vascular damage awards and grants
Related news items
Real-time dialogue with a dreaming person is possible25 February 2021
Dreams take us to what feels like a different reality. They also happen while we're fast asleep. So, you might not expect that a person in the midst of a vivid dream would be able to perceive questions and provide answers to them. But a new international study shows that, in fact, they can.read more
Vulnerable Nijmegen citizens less likely to visit GP physically due to corona23 February 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 in Nijmegen and the surrounding area led to a substantial decrease in GP consultations for patients with chronic physical health problems.read more
SATB1 - Three classes of mutations and their unique rare diseases18 February 2021
Recent advances in DNA sequencing technologies have made it possible to uncover the causes of multiple rare diseases. A new collaborative study describes how three classes of mutation within the same gene result in different neurodevelopmental disorders.read more