In 5 categories RIMLS young researchers received an award and bonus during the New Year's drinks.
Click here for all the photo's.
Best PhD Thesis 2018: Mani Diba
Title of his thesis: Development of composite biomaterials with self-healing properties.
Best Master Thesis 2018: Eline van Houtum
Title of her thesis: Glycoengineered molecules to target the sialic acid-siglec axis in tumor immunology.
Breakthrough paper 2018: Florian Wimmers, et al.
Title: Single-cell analysis reveals that stochasticity and paracrine signaling control interferon-alpha production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells.
Nature Communications 9, 3318, 2018
Best MIC Image 2018: Leontien van der Bent
Photo: Immortalized myoblasts from a myotonic dystrophy type 1 patient.
Travel grants 2018:
- Cenna van Manen, € 500 for a work placement at Karls university of Tuebingen, Germany
- Remco van Cruchten € 450 to visit the International Myotonic Dystrophy Consortium meeting, Sweden
- Lisanne Gommers € 1,000 to visit the conference Keystone Symposia Microbiome: Chemical Mechanisms and Biological Consequences, Canada
- Elke Muntjewerff € 1,000 to visit th annual Meeting of the American Association of Immunologists in May 2019, San Diego, USA
- Daan Panneman € 1,000 to visit the Gordon Conference on Mitochondrial Dynamics and Signaling, USA
- Eva-Leonne Göttgens € 465 to visit the 38th ESTRO meeting in Milan
- Georgina Flórez-Grau € 400 for a work placement at the Immunology Institute in Marseille, France
- Jorge Dominquez Andres € 500 to visit the Conference: 2nd Human & Translational Immunology, Greece
Want to know more about these subjects? Click on the buttons below for more news.
RIMLSCell Biology Dentistry Haematology Physiology Tumor Immunology ResearchNanomedicine Cancer development and immune defenseRare cancersTumors of the digestive tract Urological cancersWomen's cancersInfectious diseases and global healthInflammatory diseases Mitochondrial diseasesReconstructive and regenerative medicineRenal disorders Vascular damage awards and grants
Related news items
Two projects granted for experimental Rheumatology22 October 2019
Osteoarthritis is the most prevalent and debilitating joint disease worldwide but no cure has been developed yet. Recent findings show that low grade inflammation within the OA joint contributes to the pathophysiology and clinical symptoms.read more
Radboud Bioinformatics Xmas event 16 December21 October 2019
The CMBI is organizing the event of the year for all bioinformaticians throughout Radboud University and Radboudumc to give you the opportunity to bring forward the biggest challenges in your research to expert bioinformaticians and pave the way for real solutions.read more
Merel Ritskes-Hoitinga has been appointed honorary Skou professor at Aarhus University17 October 2019
Merel Ritskes-Hoitinga has been appointed honorary Skou Professor at the Dept. of Clinical Medicine, at Aarhus University. The aim is to introduce new perspectives to teaching, strengthen relations with leading research units abroad and establish joint research projects and funding applications.read more
A personal touch of Maroeska te Loo15 October 2019
In order to promote interaction amongst colleagues within RIMLS, we have a ‘personal touch’ series setting employees in the spotlight. A light-hearted manner to learn about the colleagues you know and those you don’t. This week: Maroeska te Loo.read more