In 5 categories RIMLS young researchers received an award and bonus during the New Year's drinks.
Click here for all the photo's.
Best PhD Thesis 2018: Mani Diba
Title of his thesis: Development of composite biomaterials with self-healing properties.
Best Master Thesis 2018: Eline van Houtum
Title of her thesis: Glycoengineered molecules to target the sialic acid-siglec axis in tumor immunology.
Breakthrough paper 2018: Florian Wimmers, et al.
Title: Single-cell analysis reveals that stochasticity and paracrine signaling control interferon-alpha production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells.
Nature Communications 9, 3318, 2018
Best MIC Image 2018: Leontien van der Bent
Photo: Immortalized myoblasts from a myotonic dystrophy type 1 patient.
Travel grants 2018:
- Cenna van Manen, € 500 for a work placement at Karls university of Tuebingen, Germany
- Remco van Cruchten € 450 to visit the International Myotonic Dystrophy Consortium meeting, Sweden
- Lisanne Gommers € 1,000 to visit the conference Keystone Symposia Microbiome: Chemical Mechanisms and Biological Consequences, Canada
- Elke Muntjewerff € 1,000 to visit th annual Meeting of the American Association of Immunologists in May 2019, San Diego, USA
- Daan Panneman € 1,000 to visit the Gordon Conference on Mitochondrial Dynamics and Signaling, USA
- Eva-Leonne Göttgens € 465 to visit the 38th ESTRO meeting in Milan
- Georgina Flórez-Grau € 400 for a work placement at the Immunology Institute in Marseille, France
- Jorge Dominquez Andres € 500 to visit the Conference: 2nd Human & Translational Immunology, Greece
Want to know more about these subjects? Click on the buttons below for more news.
RIMLSDentistry Haematology Tumor Immunology Nanomedicine Cancer development and immune defenseRare cancersTumors of the digestive tract Urological cancersWomen's cancersInfectious diseases and global healthInflammatory diseases Metabolic disordersReconstructive and regenerative medicineRenal disorders Vascular damage awards and grants
Related news items
RIMLS online award ceremony proudly presenting the winners13 January 2021
In this special webinar of the RIMLS New Year Celebration, scientific director René Bindels reviewed 2020 and looked forward to 2021. But more importantly a number of researchers received prizes in the traditional RIMLS awards ceremony.read more
RIMLS PhD retreat registration is open23 January 2020
Yearly, RIMLS PhD candidates gather for the two-day PhD Retreat. Apart from the science, this event is highly valued for the opportunity to meet and get to know fellow PhD candidates during the social activities. Early bird registration and abstract submission deadline: 4 March 2020.read more
RIMLS 25 years jubilee festival The Future is Yesterday3 October 2019
Together with more than 250 colleagues and alumni we celebrated 25 years of research into the molecular mechanisms of disease. During this exciting and informal event, we not only took a trip down memory lane, but also looked ahead to the next 25 years and beyond…...read more