RIMLS awards several prizes to stimulate and honor our (young) researchers. Everybody is invited to propose candidates for these awards at the latest 12 December 2019. A jury will be appointed to select the various awards. Applications for the travel awards and Image award can be send in by the applicant. Please send your nominations to: email@example.com.
Please find here an overview of the upcoming RIMLS awards of 2019.
- Best Master thesis by a M.Sc. student who produced in 2019 the best scientific report of his/her practical research project. More information.
- Best PhD thesis by the PhD candidate who delivered the best thesis of 2019. More information.
- Best publication. The best peer-reviewed publication of 2019 which should relate to a major scientific “breakthrough" that advances scientific understanding, More information.
- Travel awards. Available for work-related travel in 2020 (e.g. conference, work placement) expenses. More information.
- Image award. Images should be made with a MIC microscope and can be used to promote the scientific work of RIMLS. More information.
- Supervisor of the Year. Vote for your supervisor of the year. More information.
Want to know more about these subjects? Click on the buttons below for more news.
RIMLSResearchNanomedicine Cancer development and immune defenseRare cancersTumors of the digestive tract Urological cancersWomen's cancersInfectious diseases and global healthInflammatory diseases Metabolic disordersReconstructive and regenerative medicineRenal disorders Vascular damage
Related news items
Less registration leads to more time for the patient16 July 2020
On average, care providers spend more than 52 minutes of their working day on quality registrations. Only 36% of these registrations can be used to improve care and that the registration burden weighs on the motivation of care providers.read more
Summer greetings from René Bindels16 July 2020
In this last newsletter before most colleagues enjoy their well-deserved summer break, I would like to briefly summarize the first part of 2020 and look ahead to the many activities that will take place in the coming months of this unprecedented year.read more
ATRO Medical, Radboudumc and Samaplast develop new meniscus prosthesis Consortium receives EUROSTARS grant for innovative project16 July 2020
An international consortium led by ATRO Medical, a spin-off of Radboudumc and DSM, will receive € 800,000 European funding for an innovation aimed at patients with knee osteoarthritis. These patients often suffer from cartilage wear due to a meniscus that no longer works properly.read more
First podcast 'AI for Life' about Artificial Intelligence in Nijmegen Podcast on medical image processing with Bram van Ginneken, Ritse Mann and Eva van Rikxoort16 July 2020
The first podcast on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Nijmegen was released today. In this podcast on spotify and anchor Bram van Ginneken, Ritse Mann and Eva van Rikxoort talk about AI and medical image processing. The next podcast is about smart chatbots.read more
Cardiac Function in Relation to Myocardial Injury in Hospitalised Patients With COVID-1916 July 2020
In Netherlands Heart Journal RIHS researcher Frederik van den Heuvel described that in hospitalized COVID-19 patients, it seems that COVID-19 predominantly affects the respiratory system, while cardiac dysfunction occurs less often.read more