RIMLS awards several prizes to stimulate and honor our (young) researchers. Everybody is invited to propose candidates for these awards at the latest 24 November 2021. A jury will be appointed to select the various awards. Applications for the travel awards and Image award can be send in by the applicant. Please send your nominations to: email@example.com.
Please find here an overview of the upcoming RIMLS awards of 2021.
- Best Master thesis by a M.Sc. student who produced in 2021 the best scientific report of his/her practical research project. More information.
- Best PhD thesis by the PhD candidate who delivered the best thesis of 2021. More information.
- Best publication. The best peer-reviewed publication of 2021 which should relate to a major scientific “breakthrough" that advances scientific understanding, More information.
- Travel awards. Available for work-related travel in 2021 (e.g. conference, work placement) expenses. More information.
- Image award. Images should be made with a MIC microscope and can be used to promote the scientific work of RIMLS. More information.
- Supervisor of the Year. Vote for your supervisor of the year. More information.
Importantly, awards will be distributed at the RIMLS New Years Celebrations on 11 January 2022.
Want to know more about these subjects? Click on the buttons below for more news.
RIMLSNanomedicine Cancer development and immune defenseRare cancersTumors of the digestive tract Urological cancersWomen's cancersInfectious diseases and global healthInflammatory diseases Metabolic disordersReconstructive and regenerative medicineRenal disorders Vascular damage
Related news items
How much should we exercise to live healthier lives? Research into the relationship between exercise, heart disease and mortality3 December 2021
It has long been known that exercise reduces the risk of many chronic diseases. However, we do not yet know exactly how much exercise is necessary to achieve health benefit.read more
KNAW Early Career Award for Martine Hoogman2 December 2021
Martine Hoogman has been awarded a KNAW Early Career Award. The prize, a sum of 15,000 euros and a work of art, is aimed at researchers in the Netherlands who are at the start of their careers and have innovative, original research ideas.read more
T-Guard can reset immune system1 December 2021
For 20 years, the Nijmegen based Radboudumc spin-off company Xenikos has been working on a drug that can reset the immune system. This reset will save lives of seriously ill patients. Now, after years of hard work, the moment of truth has arrived for T-guard.read more
Thomas van den Heuvel wins Stairway to Impact Award for safer pregnancies using AI Award for safer pregnancies using AI1 December 2021
Radboudumc researcher Thomas van den Heuvel receives the Stairway to Impact Award from Dutch Research Council NWO. He receives this prize for the development of the BabyChecker, a smartphone application that allows midwives to make ultrasounds during pregnancies.read more
Villa Joep Research Grant for Radiotherapy & OncoImmunology (ROI) lab1 December 2021
Renske van den Bijgaart and Gosse Adema from the Radiotherapy & OncoImmunology laboratorium in collaboration with the Prinses Maxima Center received a grant from Villa Joep of 410k Euro.read more