We aim to improve healthcare and public health by developing, applying and teaching methods for prediction and evaluation research.
The Department for Health Evidence has three main tasks: research, education, and consultation. The focus of all three is on research methodology and data analysis, in the context of Radboudumc’s research themes.
Keyword tasks are:
- health technology assessment
- evidence-based surgery
- international health
- multiple testing
- genomic data analyses
- urological cancer
- cancer screening & follow-up
- reproductive epidemiology
Consultancy Facilities and servicesOur department can support medical researchers with regard to methodological and statistical issues in design, data management and statistical analysis within the context of their studies. The support can range from short-term consultancy to long-term collaboration. read more
Consultancy Facilities and services
In a collaborative relationship, the consultant may be involved in all kinds of research aspects, for example the design of a study, the analysis of the policy issue related to the research question, the assessment of sample size, the writing of sections of a protocol, the execution of a cost-effectiveness analysis, the development of data collection forms, data management activities, devising and executing the simple and complex analyses, and the preparation of scientific publications.
The biostatisticians of our department are registered as Biostatistician VVS (The Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research). They all have a mathematical academic background and long-term experience in various kinds of medical problems to guarantee high-level statistical support, including quality control of data, application of up-to-date statistical methods and collaboration in responsible scientific publications.
The HTA experts of our department, all with a PhD and active member of the NVTAG (Dutch Society for HTA), have a background in biology, economics, psychology, philosophy or biomedical sciences and long-term experience in collaborative HTA projects.
The senior epidemiologists of our department, all with a PhD degree and registered as senior epidemiologists with the VvE (Dutch Society for Epidemiology), have various professional backgrounds (medicine, biomedical sciences, occupational/environmental health, nutrition) and long-term experience in dealing with translating medical problems into epidemiological designs.
For researchers at Radboudumc who need statistical support: please fill out the webform for free first statistical support: Intranet > Support > Biostatistics.
Examples of consultancy services
- analysis of diagnostic problems
- clinical trials and prognostic factors
- policy analyses
- design and conduct of experiments
- data (safety) monitoring boards
- cost effectiveness analyses
- quality of life measurement
- medical decision analyses
- advanced statistical, mathematical and economical modelling
- GCP, and other (international) guidance documents
- design and analysis of aetiological studies
- analysis of measurement error
- design and analysis of screening studies
- genetic epidemiology
- cluster design and analysis
- simulation studies
- complicated statistical designs and analyses
- time series
- data base design
- training in statistical packages
Research Lab for Molecular Epidemiology Facilities and servicesThe Research Lab for Molecular Epidemiology has long-standing experience in bio-monitoring of combustion products, medical drugs, industrial chemicals and ingredients of personal care products. read more
Research Lab for Molecular Epidemiology Facilities and servicesThe Research Lab for Molecular Epidemiology has contributed to a considerable number of national and international research projects in the field of occupational and environmental health.
Research highlightsHighlights of research with impact on health improvement and prevention of health effects are:
- Development of exposure surveillance methods for exposure monitoring of cytostatic drugs
- Ensuring safe conditions for astronauts who conduct research in the International Space Station
- Assessment of the uptake and bio-activation of coal tar products in the dermatology clinic
- Uptake of ingredients of personal care products dermal absorption and inhalation
- Supporting good practices in the use of hazardous chemicals in industrial settings
- Development of sustainable alternatives for biocides used for disinfection
- Biomonitoring was introduced in response to chemical incidents and disasters.
ServicesThe laboratory provides the following services:
- Biomonitoring of 120+ chemical substances for health surveillance and emergency response
- Indoor air quality for chemical factors and effects of air purification systems
- Risk assessment related to worker’s and consumer’s health and safety
ContactFor futher information, do not hesitate to contact Paul Scheepers.
Geert Grooteplein 21
6525 EZ Nijmegen
Radboud university medical center
Post 133, Department for Health Evidence
P.O. Box 9101
6500 HB Nijmegen
+31 (0)24 361 91 32