Funding to stimulate talents
The Radboudumc Hypatia Fellowship Grants aim to promote innovation in academic research by giving young, creative and talented researchers the opportunity to further their own research within the context of our three research institutes and within the strategic areas of Radboudumc. The preferential strategic areas are: Artificial Intelligence for Health, Biomedical diagnostics and therapies, Innovative and value-driven patient care and Prevention. These unique and highly sought research positions offer a special opportunity to establish an independent research group in a specific topic. By obtaining a Hypatia Fellowship Grant, candidates will also be offered the possibility to take part in the Hypatia Track, a talent program for excellent researchers who are ready to develop themselves as leaders within their academic fields.
With the Hypatia Fellowship Grants we intend to recruit talent from outside Radboudumc. In this respect candidates should not have had an employment relationship with Radboud University or Radboudumc in the last 3 years.
With the Hypatia Tenure Track Grant, Radboudumc can offer you the following:
- An independent researcher position with a salary conform the collective appointment agreement of the Dutch University Medical Centers.
- Excellent prospects for tenure track (i.e. faculty position with permanent contract).
- An internationally recognized competitive research environment with ample opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration and participation in.
- A 4 (or 5) -year contract.
- 1M euros
- Automatic enrollment in Hypatia learning group and possibilities for the enrolment in program for personal and professional leadership development.
- Automatic grand support by Grant Support Office.
We are looking for creative and talented (clinical) researchers who have:
- A background in computational science, neuroscience, (molecule) life sciences, health sciences or public health research fitting the strategic areas of the Radboudumc.
- High affinity for applied research in the Radboudumc research themes.
- Excellent researchers (guideline 3-8 years after PhD graduation) with a strong motivation to perform top internationally-recognized research. Extension of the 8 years is possible based on the NWO extension rule (question 25).
- Candidates should (i) have a proven track record in acquiring a significant (personal) grant or other prestigious funding and (ii) should be judged by the Talent Track Committee to be able to do so within the term of the Hypatia track to create a viable research group.
- Candidates must have demonstrated their success and having a strategy in creating impact: scientific (via publication as first or senior author), societal or economic.
- Preferentially, candidates have international experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the strong wish to work interdisciplinary.
- Good leadership skills with an ability to inspire young researchers.
- Candidates have potential to become a Radboudumc research group leader within the period of her/his.
- The full overview of the Radboudumc Talent track criteria, which are leading during the evaluation procedure can be found here, Hypatia level is highlighted.
Every year, there are three Hypathia Fellowships available. The procedure consists of two stages:
- Nomination & application: Candidates must submit the nomination (by the hosting department) and application (including CV and Proposal outline) using the provided forms (Form A- nomination & Form B- application, which includes past research performance and research proposal outline). Research proposals should fall within the strategic research areas of Radboudumc.
- Within 4-6 weeks after the submission deadline, candidates will be informed if they proceed to stage 2. The follow up Form C (including the Personal preview & development plan (PPDP)) will be provided at this stage.
- Form C (PPDP), full research proposal, seminar and interview: Candidates will then be requested to submit a full research proposal along with Form C. Thereafter they will be invited to give a seminar and will be interviewed by Talent track Committee. The final decision is expected approximately 4 weeks after the interview.
- A decision will be made on the basis of the seminar, interviews with group leaders and peer-reviewed research proposal.
Applications will be evaluated by the Radboudumc Talent track committee. The next application deadline is in preparation.