About this course
The Radboud University Library organizes different Pubmed workshops, basics and advanced.
During the basics workshop the search options op Pubmed will be covered. We will cover the following items in PubMed:
- The MeSH database en its options
- Search Details
- Advanced Search Builder & Search History
- Phrase searching
- My NCBI account
The advanced workshop focuses on your own research question and possible problems that you may encounter while creating your search:
- How to handle issues with MeSH terms, e.g.:
- If there is no suitable MeSH for your subject/concept?
- When the relevant MeSH term has only been in existance for a year?
- How to make use of tools such as the Yale MeSH analyzer?
- How to deal with too many or too few results?
- Updating a search
Employees and students of Radboudumc.
The basics course will take place 1 October 2019 and the advanced course on 22 October 2019
This course takes two hours.