Now you have the chance to vote for your preferred candidate. Have fun, and go for it, support and promote your ideal supervisor. The winner will be announced during the RIMLS New Year Celebration on Tuesday 11 January 2022.
Deadline for voting is 20 December 2021
The three nominated finalists are (in alphabetical order):
Siroon Bekkering, Vascular damage
- She is a passionate and inspiring scientist and person, making her the most caring supervisor.
- Gives the best of herself as a supervisor and encourages us students to always give the best of ourselves by stepping out of our comfort zone, by being more curios, more analytic, more creative, more thorough, but most importantly by enjoying research.
- Her way of supervising helps us identify our areas of opportunity but also realize when we do something that we can be proud of!
Gerald Verhaegh, Urological cancers
- He provides daily supervision to us and many of our students with great enthusiasm.
- His knowledge about cell biology/molecular biology and the practical approach to experiment planning is extraordinary. He is true inspiration for us.
- In other words: he plays in the champions league of supervision and is a great role model!
Jo Zhou, Reconstructive and regenerative medicine
- She goes the extra mile for her PhD students, but also for student interns who become part of her research group.
- She makes sure everybody who is joining her group is feeling welcome and becomes part of the group. (whether it is due to the meetings, or by the often group outings where she crushes everybody else’s bowling high scores for two years in a row!)
- Jo makes the extra time to give feedback. Even on very short notice when planning’s shift or deadlines are problematic!
To vote, please send the name of one of the nominated supervisors to: firstname.lastname@example.org (deadline 20 December 2021)
If you want to add your reasons why he or she is a source of inspiration, please feel free, so we can use it at the award ceremony.
Please download flyer to distribute.