Start of your trajectory
Welcome to the RadboudumcWe hope you will have an enjoyable and scientifically productive time. Your postdoctoral period is a time of growth towards your independent career. Following your scientific career in a large organization such as the Radboudumc needs a little bit of guidance. To help you on your way, please go through the information in the timeline.
Checklist part 1
- Sign your contract at HR
- Subscribe for the introduction day for research personnel (3 times a year) via HR officer or OLO (Online Leer Omgeving), and send an e-mail to Postdocoffice@radboudumc.nl
- Arrange all important documents, badges, introduction to facilities, et cetera via your department
- Discuss with your supervisor to which research institute (RIHS, RIMLS or Donders) and research theme your research belongs
- Check the agenda of the Radboud Resarch Rounds and Grand Rounds for meetings that are of interest to you
- Subscribe for the Research newsletter, the Radboud Postdoc Initiative (RPI) and Grant Support Office (GSO)
- Fill in your intranet profile and ask Postbus Web to activate your internet profile (the internet profile will be filled automatically with information available in our HR and Metis systems and with information available on your intranet profile)
- Create a ResearcherID and send your information to the Metis contact person (contact information can be found on the linked ResearcherID page)
- Read the Personal Development Plan (PDP) information folder (see 'Postdoc development plan' phase within this timeline) and plan a PDP meeting with your supervisor
- Check the Radboudumc website, OLO page and PDP information folder for relevant courses and workshops on professional and personal development
Go directly to the other checklists:
Postdoc officeRadboud Postdoc and career office is a contact place for all postdocs and last year PhD candidates. Furthermore, it is a source of information you need to know for you professional and personal development. By sending the office an e-mail you will automatically register for the postdoc e-mail list. e-mail
Complete your profile page on RadboudumcAll our employees have an internal Radboudumc profile page and can have an external Radboudumc profile page on request.
Things to do
Introduction for postdocsRadboud university medical centre organizes general introduction days for all new employees. For the research personnel there are three so-called Radboud Orientation Program for Postdoc days.
Postdocs who started to work at Radboudumc less than six months ago are welcome to participate in one of three introduction days.
To inform new postdocs about scientific life at the Radboudumc, including their rights and obligations and the facilities we offer. Also, it's an opportunity to meet other postdocs.
Due to corona measurers, the preliminary program is under construction. The new postdocs will be informed when able.
Postdoc Development Plan
Mentoring and coaching
The mentoring for postdocs is under construction.
It is envisaged to be a voluntary program. The mentor can support and guide you as well as stimulate you to critically look at and reflect upon your learning objectives and outcomes. In the context of your personal and scientific development, your mentor could discuss career progress with regard to your specific goals (research and education), ambitions and interests. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
In case you are interested, please contact Postdoc & Career office.
Nowadays, the interdisciplinary research involves many different people with different and requires a lot of communication, sometimes leading to confrontation or disagreement. Working in a new organization or a new group can lead to different situations, where you might ask yourself, if you handle it optimally. In a peer coaching group (“intervisie groep”) you can discuss your (non-technical) problems or dilemmas in a structured way with peers. This method is often used to reflect on current practices; expand, refine, and train new skills; share ideas and to solve problems in the workspace. Within Radboudumc, existing peer coaching groups are used to optimize the learning process and contribute to reduce the observed stress.
A peer coaching group consists of up to eight postdocs. Each group will receive a training in the methodology (2 hours) once a year. Thereafter, the postdocs are responsible themselves for the regular sessions (about four 2-hour sessions per year), which will be led by one of the participants. The things discussed in the groups will be strictly confidential, creating a safe environment to share the existing challenges.
Currently, two peer- coaching groups are active. The news groups will be formed as soon as an optimal number of participants has been reached, please send an email to Postdoc & Career office.